Question about Shipwreck beach bar/grill's restroom facilities...Paul58?

pghsteelerfan

I just have a question someone asked me about the restrooms at the Shipwreck Beach Bar/Grill. We spent the day at Shipwreck in September 2015 but, for the life of me, I can not remember details about the restrooms other than they were across the sandy parking lot from the restaurant/bar. Paul58, I was hoping you could help me with this one so I can give them an answer. :)

The question is accessibility for someone who is physically disabled. They had seen a picture somewhere of the restroom there, which did have ramp at the entrance. But is it usable for someone who is physically disabled...are the stalls wide enough and are there hand rails/bars or anything for them to hold onto?

Thank you!

The restrooms at Shipwreck are close to the restaurant. It is a wooden structure with 3 stalls. I do not remember any hand rails in the stalls themselves. Depending upon the mobility levels a person may need help using the restroom. With a population of about 50,000 or so there are no ADA laws in place to address the limits of ones mobility.

The restrooms at Shipwreck are close to the restaurant. It is a wooden structure with 3 stalls. I do not remember any hand rails in the stalls themselves. Depending upon the mobility levels a person may need help using the restroom. With a population of about 50,000 or so there are no ADA laws in place to address the limits of ones mobility.

I will pass this information along. Thank you, very much, for your reply. :)

Shipwreck restrooms are pretty primitive. If you can make your way to Carambola, their facilities are top notch.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thank you. I think I did see that the person I was asking the question for was leaning toward Carambola. They had asked me specifically on a review that I had done that included St. Kitts. I remember the restrooms but could not remember details or whether they could accommodate someone with physical disabilities. I also gave them Paul58's response. But thank you.