Is wine pairing included in Murano's speciality restaurant price ?

crispiva

No, it is not. Wine by the glass under the Classic package is availabl, although very limited, and in my opinion, not that good. There are some choices under the Premium beverage package that are decent, and a few slightly above the package limit that you pay the difference between the package limit and the cost, which are quite good. The are also wines by the bottle, some of which are quite good.

There is a Chef's dinner, at a higher price, that does include a wine pairing

It is not included in the $50 pp cover charge. However, they do have what is called "Five Senses" menu. It costs, I believe, $90 pp and includes wine pairings with each course. The menu is more limited in terms of food choices. We did this and really enjoyed it as we were celebrating my birthday. I did ask if they would substitute another item on their regular menu which they did without hesitation. We thought the wines were great but we are not oenophiles. The sommelier was generous with the pours and accommodating.

If you have the premium package they will, on request, sort you out with a wine choice per course. We found this was just too much wine for us (you need to save some alcoholic intake for port and coffee!).

After doing this once we simply requested a suitable wines at the premium price to generally enhance our meal. Once or twice we have had a wine above the price....If I am totally honest I enjoyed the 'included' ones as much!

It is not included in the $50 pp cover charge. However, they do have what is called "Five Senses" menu. It costs, I believe, $90 pp and includes wine pairings with each course. The menu is more limited in terms of food choices. We did this and really enjoyed it as we were celebrating my birthday. I did ask if they would substitute another item on their regular menu which they did without hesitation. We thought the wines were great but we are not oenophiles. The sommelier was generous with the pours and accommodating.

Does anyone know if you have the dining package if you could just pay the difference to do the "Five Senses" meal?

My DW doesn't drink. Is there any discount on the Five Senses price for her "tap water pairings"?

Why? As far as I recollect, any item available on the five senses menu is also available on the regular menu. Does Murano require every one at a table to get the five senses pairing?

Why? As far as I recollect, any item available on the five senses menu is also available on the regular menu. Does Murano require every one at a table to get the five senses pairing?

That's a good question. Every restaurant I'm aware of requires everyone at a table to order the tasting menu.