San Pedro: Walking from Crowne Plaza to Port

mina

Hi all: Can anyone tell me how far it is from Crown Plaza to the Port and if there are sidewalks, safe walking area. Also, once you get to the port, is there a security checkpoint for people walking? (I know they have a shuttle, but we would prefer to walk if possible).

Hi all: Can anyone tell me how far it is from Crown Plaza to the Port and if there are sidewalks, safe walking area. Also, once you get to the port, is there a security checkpoint for people walking? (I know they have a shuttle, but we would prefer to walk if possible).

Depending on which berth, it's approximately .5 to .8 miles...about four blocks...

It is flat with only one major street to cross (Harbor Blvd. You also cross Palos Verdes Street as you exit the hotel, but that' a small 2-lane secondary street).

So, exit the front doors of the CP and turn right...Cross Palos Verdes, then Harbor (traffic signal), turn left and walk along the small park at the waterfront and the fire station and enter right into the terminal parking lot near the USS Iowa. There is NO "checkpoint". One berth is immediately in front of the Iowa, on your right...and you will see the other, just past that, straight ahead. It is a safe and easy walk...and actually quite fun as you get to take in views of the Iowa, of the harbor and of your ship as you walk there...As long as you are in reasonable walking shape and have rolling luggage, it is quite easy. I have done it myself...no problem...