NCL Getway with 4 yr old

arlodog

We have booked a cruise with my granddaughter who will turn 4 the week before our cruise. We have been on many cruises, but our kids were older (pre-teen) when we started cruising. They never enjoyed the kids clubs so we never could convince them to attend~they always wanted to stay with us. Guess that made for happy memories as they still want to cruise/vacation with us as adults. She loves to meet new kids so I am not worried about that, but can anyone help with what activities are available in the kids club for her age and the hours for Getaway?

Our adult son will also be with us (her uncle) We figure with 3 adults we can surely keep a 4 year old entertained for a week! Any help is appreciated as she loves to talk about going on trips to the beach (even though we live in Kansas and she has never seen a beach before!)

Ncl kids clubs are great, and they have a schedule of activities so she can pick when she wants to go. Take her the first night and see how she likes it. Please note that the kids clubs sea day hours are 9-12, 2-5, and 7-10:30 pm. Port days are port arrival time - 10:30 pm.

Our son was 3, and he got to be a tiger in the circus show on a main stage, had his face painted for pirate night and hunted for treasure and loved all the activities.

Thanks for all the feedback. We looked at the kid's club last time we were on board and it looked like they were having fun. Didn't know we needed to take her the first night, but it makes sense to get her involved from the start.

My son enjoyed the NCL kids club on the Escape last year. He was just about to turn 4 at the time. They had lots of activities for the kids alone as well as family group activities. We went to the kids area first thing, before even going to our cabin so we could see the facility and introduce our son to the caregivers before other children were around. He was more comfy, I was more comfy and the staff had some 1:1 time to get to know him. I'd recommend that for all parents.

• 4 weeks later...