Taxi Drop Off & Pick Up - Orient Bay Beach - Sint Maarten

Fouremco

I've posted this over in the Ports of Call board, but it's very slow with few participants compared to this board, so I'm hoping that I can get some input from our intrepid RCI cruisers.

Is there one particular spot that the taxis use, or can you ask to be dropped off anywhere along the beach? More importantly, for the ride home is there a single taxi stand or can you find them in multiple locations? We are trying to decide if the convenience of being dropped off and picked up exactly when and where we want is worth the extra cost of booking Bernard or Joyce for our group.

BTW, can someone confirm the current per person cost of a taxi from the port to the beach for a group of ten? Last price I saw was $6 pp one way, but that information may be dated.

I've posted this over in the Ports of Call board, but it's very slow with few participants compared to this board, so I'm hoping that I can get some input from our intrepid RCI cruisers.

Is there one particular spot that the taxis use, or can you ask to be dropped off anywhere along the beach? More importantly, for the ride home is there a single taxi stand or can you find them in multiple locations? We are trying to decide if the convenience of being dropped off and picked up exactly when and where we want is worth the extra cost of booking Bernard or Joyce for our group.

BTW, can someone confirm the current per person cost of a taxi from the port to the beach for a group of ten? Last price I saw was $6 pp one way, but that information may be dated.

The driver will usually ask you if you want to be dropped off on the nude side or non nude side. I always get dropped off on the non nude side at the Kakau Beach Club or Bikini Beach Club. When they drop you off they will ask you when you want to be picked up. But if you decide to leave earlier there are always taxis there. It is very easy to do Orient on your own. I have done it a bunch of times. I prefer the non nude side because the beach is a lot wider but there are beach clubs on that end to. The only reason to book Bernard, Joyce, etc. would be if you want to do a tour with multiple stops.

It was $6 per person for that large a group last time I went but I don't know if that is the current fare.

Edited by Charles4515