My Time Dining vs. Traditional Dining

jfogle2017

Ok - so this will be the first cruise we have been on since the My Time Dining was introduced - we used to always going to the early dining - is that still available? We are sailing on Allure in April 2018 - not sure what the difference is except that you can decide when you want to do to dinner but there is a wait? I'm confused by it all really -

Any help is appreciated!

Welcome to CC where we hope the confusion is eliminated and wisdom is imparted.

Yes, traditional is still available - what did you get when you booked?

Do a search for MTD and you'll get plenty of answers to questions you don't even know to ask.

Ok - so this will be the first cruise we have been on since the My Time Dining was introduced - we used to always going to the early dining - is that still available? We are sailing on Allure in April 2018 - not sure what the difference is except that you can decide when you want to do to dinner but there is a wait? I'm confused by it all really - Any help is appreciated!

If you stay with MTD, you have a choice of making reservations or just showing up. If you are a party of two, the wait without reservations should be minimal.

We are also a party of two and opt to eat early (usually when the dining room opens) at a table for two and usually there was no wait time at all...very easy and quick as most seem to like to eat later. We love MTD now.

We currently have 5:30 MTD - so, does this mean we go at 5:30 or we can make reservations for times around 5:30?

Youi go at 5:30pm. If you want flexibility, cancel the reservation(s) and just show up whenever you want.

We currently have 5:30 MTD - so, does this mean we go at 5:30 or we can make reservations for times around 5:30?

If you have MTD, you made the reservation for 5:30 - you can change it to what ever you want, or cancel it at show up whenever.

we are doing our first cruise in May on FOS and we were given mtd. Does anyone know what times the evening shows are on at and how much time we should count for meal duration. We want to reserve for the first two nights. We would be early eaters and a party of four. Can you reserve for as early as 5.30pm?

we are doing our first cruise in May on FOS and we were given mtd. Does anyone know what times the evening shows are on at and how much time we should count for meal duration. We want to reserve for the first two nights. We would be early eaters and a party of four. Can you reserve for as early as 5.30pm?

Here is a recent Freedom review, with Compasses, which will list all the events, including shows:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2425744

Here is a recent Freedom review, with Compasses, which will list all the events, including shows:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2425744

Thanks Bob. Unfortunately the print is too small to read on my pc and couldn't zoom in on it either. Would the schedule and times be the same on a Med cruise?

Thanks Bob. Unfortunately the print is too small to read on my pc and couldn't zoom in on it either. Would the schedule and times be the same on a Med cruise?

I would expect some differences for the Med cruise. Unfortunately, since Freedom has not been to the Med this year, there are no recent Compasses available for that itinerary.

With regard to shows, they are usually scheduled to be convenient for the two traditional dining times. So if you pick times close to those, you should be OK for shows.