Dinner in Aruba

tallylass2

All of the restaurants that you mentioned are very good. Yemanja is on a back street downtown, so it doesn't have any view. We dine on the patio, but even that is enclosed. With that said, we love the food at Yemanja, but the atmosphere is lacking.

Flying Fishbone is in another town, called Saveneta. If you go by taxi, it will be very expensive. I'll have to look at the taxi fares, but I'm guessing that it would cost you $50.00 - $60.00 round trip.

I haven't been to Elements yet, but I hear that it is very good. We plan to try it on our next trip. We stay right next door.

If you are looking for atmosphere, right on the water, I would go to Barefoot or Passions. Barefoot is my favorite restaurant in Aruba, but Passions is nice also. Another one that we love on the water is Pinchos. It sets on a pier, overlooking the water. All of these are great choices, and wouldn't be that expensive to get to.

Just came back from a weeks stay at the Surf Club last night and ate at both Passions and Barefoot...both were AMAZING and my 2 favorite dinners of the whole week. Barefoot is closer to the port and is on Eagle Beach...super soft sand. Passions is further north. Was as Passions for sunset and it was unbelievable. Passions also had a musician playing terrific music. I had Mahi Mahi at Passions and Tuna at Barefoot and both meals were incredible. You can't go wrong with either!

Elements is very nice too! I can't compare it to Passions as I have not eaten at Passions, but if I had a choice between Elements and Barefoot I would choose Elements. We loved barefoot and loved that we could want the planes for the airport coming in, but there were more children and it wasn't as quiet as Elements.

• 1 month later...

Went to Passions on the Beach at the Amsterdam Manor Hotel in January (2017). Really great experience at sunset.

We went to Eagle beach (where Passions in located) for the afternoon. Cleaned up enough for dinner at the beach shower and walked across the street to the Amsterdam Manor. They could not have been nicer allowing us to use the lobby restroom to change and were happy to let us leave our "beach stuff" in a corner of the lobby when we went to dinner.

Dinner with tables in the sand on Eagle beach is as good as it sounds! After dinner we went back to the lobby and collected our stuff. The office staff called us a cab that came in 5 minutes.

Great afternoon and evening.

From our visit last May we would give Passions two thumbs up. Another place we enjoyed that is on Palm Beach is Pelican Pier. Getting ready for another fun trip starting early May...Enjoy whatever you decide.:cool:

• 11 months later...
We went to Eagle beach (where Passions in located) for the afternoon. Cleaned up enough for dinner at the beach shower and walked across the street to the Amsterdam Manor. They could not have been nicer allowing us to use the lobby restroom to change and were happy to let us leave our "beach stuff" in a corner of the lobby when we went to dinner.

Do you re all where you went to use the beach shower that was close to Passions?

• 1 month later...

We dined at Yemanja in 2016. The meal was fine but the service was EXTREMELY slow. Since you're visiting on a cruise, timing will be more of the essence.

We have been to Flying Fishbone twice and love it. It is a long ride, but we had a rental car. If you do decide to dine there and it's early, just beware that if you sit close to the water, the tide WILL come in and you might be a little wetter than you bargained for by the end of dinner.