Do we have to take our US passports to check in POA?

curlysummer

We are US citizens. I got different answers from different sources: If we have to use our us passports to take POA, even from my phone call from NCL customer service. We hope we only need to take our drivers' licenses. Can recent returned POA cruisers help me with this question? Many thanks in advance.

This is directly from the NCL website:

Hawaii Cruises

"There's no need for a passport when you sail on any Hawaii inter-island cruise. If your ship never sails beyond the islands of Hawaii, all you need is a government-issued photo I.D. which includes a passport or a valid driver's license with a photo."

This is directly from the NCL website:

Hawaii Cruises

"There's no need for a passport when you sail on any Hawaii inter-island cruise. If your ship never sails beyond the islands of Hawaii, all you need is a government-issued photo I.D. which includes a passport or a valid driver's license with a photo."

Thanks a lot for your info!

Just returned from our cruise. You need a photo ID when you check in for the cruise and then your room key and photo id each time you get on and off the ship on ports. Remember, the port authority does an ID check when you return back to the port so always carry your photo ID. Also, no beverages allowed back on the ship. Something to keep in mind if you buy a drink right before you are planning on getting back on the ship.