Allure Feb 27 to March 5 2017 Live updates: Drinks, Flowrider, etc

Neeny12

All good so far. We were last on Allure in 2015 shortly after dry dock in the W Med. Observations and changes too.

New chairs on the decks:

The loungers and chairs have been changed out from those plastic strap ones to a tight weave mesh. Very smart looking. They were offloading the old ones in Nassau. Navigator is across the pier from us and they have them. Wondering if they are sending them AOS old ones?

Drinks:

The Alcohol drink package includes drinks up to $13 in value. When I bought the package it was still $12 so it's nice to know we are still covered and not paying the difference for each drink.

Guavarita is still available: Although it's not on the drink menu, my fav drink is still made here. Waiter in Dazzles said he hasn't served one in 5 months. 😳Most bars carry the mix.🍹Got a very generous pour of Patron in it yesterday from one of the bars.

Flowrider: DH is loving it - again although we may need several more cruises or practice for him down in Windsor to get anywhere near the experts. And the older gents are absolutely rockin' the Flowrider! They make it look so easy. DH met a Canadian rider who's been on 8 weeks of cruising. It's DH so of course no other details. Also Pezz is on this cruise. He's really impressive. He has his own board and a shirt with his name on the back and Cruise Surfer on the front.

Nassau:

Not getting off the ship. Gym stuff this morning then Florider at 1:00p for DH. I always get good sun up there watching.

Ambulance met our ship but wasn't in our room long enough to see who they took off. My best wishes to them and hope they will be ok.

Seems like quite a hike from our pier to shore. Since we're here so short a time I hope we don't have any "runners":o. Just caught sight of some small buses at the other end of our pier. Not sure who that is available for.

Food:

Lactose issues but the MDR were able to offer me something and our food arrived quickly. Great service and the food was good. We both had the seafood pasta. We do My Time Dining.

Our wine came at the end of our meal because I dumbly asked if they had any organic wines so our waiter had to check. LOL! I'm not even eating any organic food this cruise so why did I even ask. There doesn't seem to be any. I checked the menu at Vintages and it doesn't look like they have any either.

It looks like your waiter takes your drink order now instead of a designated bar waiter. Assistant helps deliver drinks and food.

Gym:

They have 4 spin classes this week. DH loves spin classes. He brings regular running shoes - he doesn't even use vike shoes at his own gym. It was busy this morning when I went for the stretch class. DH is doing a short run - doesn't want to be too tired to do Flowrider. We'll do some weights and use the exercise equipment.

Sorry no photos. Not sure how to post them fro a url.

Back to the gym for me or my knees won't work. Will post again in this thread later. Bye for now.

Thank you for sharing your experience so far! We will be on the Allure in 2 weeks and are planning on taking the spin classes. Can you tell me how much they are?

Spin classes are $20 per session

Sent from my iPad using Forums

FYI: couple getting smoothies (included in package) at Vitality spa at gym were shocked at the price of their protein additives (one each) at $5 each. The protein is not included in the drink packages. Cost does not seem to be posted.

subscribing! can you tell me what non-cardio equipment they have in the gym?

Lots of Life Fitness equipment such as treadmills, bikes (I found only one recumbent bike) and weight machines - plenty of these. Large weights area, smaller weights area. Stretch and class area. Mats, rollers, rubber tubing with handles. They have a TRX Suspension class $20 and a Pathways to Yoga class $12 on deck weather permitting. There are other free classes daily like the Stretch class this morning but I won't know what they are until the Cruise Compass is delivered.

What shore excursions are you going to take? What room are you in? What time did you arrive at the port? How was embarkation?

We are taking beach excursions Abi Beach Escape via open jeep transport and Buccaneer Beach.

We arrived at the port at 11:00 and just sailed through checkin. Room was ready by 1. Luggage around 4 but that was different for everyone.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We will be on the Allure in April. By any chance can you post the room service menu? Thanks!! :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yikes I haven't figured out how to post photos. We're at Day 3 and we ordered room service last night via the tv for this morning. I recommend doing it this way as we were on a cruise (not RC) where some kids had pulled the tags off doors at night. Room service only does scrambled eggs or egg beaters. Not sure what's in those but I can't have any milk so I passed. DH had the scrambled which are ice cream scoop size, but you can order as many portions as you like of any item and it's all no charge until midnight (see below). For breakfast we also had the regular orange juice, DH had hash browns very small, and also had a fresh fruit plate (pineapple, melon, kiwi, grapes). For entrees I remember: pizza, steak, grilled ham and cheese, burgers. There was a dip of some kind for snack but I don't remember the rest. I'll try to have a look later. They offer tea, coffee apple juice. Mimosas, Bloody Marys, Belinis and fresh squeezed juice are not included from your drink pkg when oredered from room service so you wiil be charged for them. Just remember after midnight you are charged $3.95 total for room service. You should tip if you can as it's not part of prepaid gratuities. We tipped in cash as there was no receipt to sign.

I'll pass next time and go up to Wipeout cafe as it's close by our room and you can order custom eggs and omelettes there as well as the usual breakfast items until 11:00 am.

Will be sailing the Allure in April. Does the Allure have the new menus in MDR or is it still the older menus named Saffron, Basil, etc?

Enjoy your cruise!

Not sure. We don't cruise frequently so I don't know the difference btw old and new. Day 3 tonight is Pimiente can't remember Day 1&2. I'll check the Cruise Planners.

Mama Mia:

I have only the movie to compare to and this stage version was excellent with illots of scenes not in the movie.

The Theatre is on decks 4&5 at the "front". We found booths that fit 4-5 people tucked into the wall on deck 5 and had a great view with a table and very comfy bar stools. You can go down to deck 4 via an inside the Theatre staircase and purchase popcorn [emoji897]. I believe it was $5.90 for two small boxes. Got to the Theatre 20 minutes before the show started and scored those seats. Bar service is excellent before the show. They do announce it will be less frequent during the show.

Malibu party:

They will have one tonight and a Vodka party later in the week in the upstairs level /bar area of solarium. It's a late night event with a really cool club vibe and dj. We did it on Oasis last year and had fun even for us 50-somethings. If you have a package you can get your drinks there but we also bought the light up RC flashing speciality drink cups that night and they look great around our hot tub at home.