Free gift email

ss70chev

I received this email today.

"YOUR FREE GIFT IS WAITING FOR YOU, TOO!

When you embark on your upcoming cruise, be sure to visit the Holland America Line Privileges[emoji769] concierge to receive your gift and schedule a short preview with one of our associates to learn more about this groundbreaking rewards program.

Our new program features the ability to earn up to 50% cash back in the form of cruise credits. Members earn cruise credits by doing things they are already doing today — shopping for wine and merchandise, staying in hotels and resorts and enjoying golf and spa packages. You could earn enough cruise credits to pay for your entire next cruise!

We look forward to introducing you to the newest program in cruising!

*Holland America Line Privileges is not a credit card program — it is an exclusive membership program by invitation only."

Can anyone tell me about this?

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I received this email today.

"YOUR FREE GIFT IS WAITING FOR YOU, TOO!

When you embark on your upcoming cruise, be sure to visit the Holland America Line Privileges

There have been a couple of threads about this. The consensus seems to be that it's not a good deal for most people, and the free gift is pretty chintzy.

Here is a thread with 147 posts: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2368116

See post #15 for a good summary.

Edited by jtl513

I got one of those too. BTW, I'm willing to be that HAL Privileges has nothing to do with Holland Cruise Line and are only paying Holland to be aboard their ships. HAL Privileges is associated with International Cruise and Excursions (ICE). Google them and read the reviews.

Based upon advice of a friend, I contacted another of their affiliates about good cruise pricing. They too wanted $1995 up front and promised huge savings on cruises that would more than pay for the up front fees. All I could get out of them was savings up to 60%. They would not provide me with actual prices for any of their cruises but if I sent them $1995, they would allow me to access their website where I could see those wonderful deals.

I will be on ship shortly and I may stop by if I'm bored just to see what I can learn.