Are itinerary times local time?

Ugh. For whatever reason I can't find the answer to thus seemingly simple question. To complicate things, there is a seasonal time shift during our cruise. We are sailing on Grandeur next week. We booked primarily third-party independent excursions. I based these reservations on the port times listed on my itinerary from RCI, assuming they are local time (not ship time). Am I correct in doing so? I know that I need to pay attention to ship time when it comes to getting back on board on time, but as far as excursions go, am I right to base that off of the itinerary given to me by RCI?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app

Ugh. For whatever reason I can't find the answer to thus seemingly simple question. To complicate things, there is a seasonal time shift during our cruise. We are sailing on Grandeur next week. We booked primarily third-party independent excursions. I based these reservations on the port times listed on my itinerary from RCI, assuming they are local time (not ship time). Am I correct in doing so? I know that I need to pay attention to ship time when it comes to getting back on board on time, but as far as excursions go, am I right to base that off of the itinerary given to me by RCI?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app

Not necessarily. Port times listed are ship time which can be local, or not...

On the off-ship itinerary almost certainly it will be local time. Once on the ship the times may get restated in "ship's time" which may differ to local time in situations where the ship is moving in and out of timezones and the desire is not to have passengers keep adjusting their sleeping habits.

On the off-ship itinerary almost certainly it will be local time. Once on the ship the times may get restated in "ship's time" which may differ to local time in situations where the ship is moving in and out of timezones and the desire is not to have passengers keep adjusting their sleeping habits.

As was told to me by a senior staff member, maintaining an unchanged ship time is more for the crew's schedules and keeping their routine and times consistent, not the passenger's convenience.

The cruise line says that published itineraries are based on local time.

From the personal experience department we arrived in Cozumel at the published time, 8AM. When left the ship shortly after we were greeted by a bunch of Mexican tour operators as it was only 6AM on their watches. This was when Coz was on Central time and still observing DST but had not "spring forward". The ship was observing EDT.

Unless there was a change, which for us was never in 17 years, the times on your itinerary are LOCAL...

ALWAYS check your dailies to be sure and look for the boarding time on the dock as you leave the ship...

Bring a watch on your cruise. One that you know how to adjust....LOL.

bosco.

When there was a time difference in ship time and local time, I have seen a display with clocks showing both times, either as you are getting off the ship or as you are entering the port, to assist you keeping up with the different times. You should be able to contact your independent excursion providers and confirm with them what time they will be going by compared to ship's time. I always keep my watch set to ship time.