Platinum latitudes dinner for member in studio

camscuba2

I've typed like 3 replies but they keep going poof.

The benefits are each listed as dinner for 2 per stateroom. The dinners are not addressed in the T&Cs and all the FAQs regarding the dinner benefit say the same thing - that the benefit is 2 dinners per stateroom.

The FAQ regarding solos specifically asks if a voucher can be split into 2 dinners for 1 and the answer says: 1) it is 2 dinners per stateroom; 2) solo travelers get 2 dinners for 1; 3) it can't be split; 4) it is only a benefit when 2 guests dine together. I believe it is only offered to show that the dinner for two cannot be split if a solo traveler was truly solo and was dining solo.

Since the T&C for the Latitudes benefits do not address this issue and the benefit is listed as dinners for two per stateroom then that is what I am entitled to as a platinum cruiser if I book a cabin to myself.

The FAQ regarding solos specifically asks if a voucher can be split into 2 dinners for 1 and the answer says: 1) it is 2 dinners per stateroom; 2) solo travelers get 2 dinners for 1; 3) it can't be split; 4) it is only a benefit when 2 guests dine together. I believe it is only offered to show that the dinner for two cannot be split if a solo traveler was truly solo and was dining solo.

Since the T&C for the Latitudes benefits do not address this issue and the benefit is listed as dinners for two per stateroom then that is what I am entitled to as a platinum cruiser if I book a cabin to myself.

Yes, you have stated it better than I managed. I agree that this is what you should expect, and personally I would be surprised if it isn't what you get.

• 2 weeks later...
Since the latitudes change in February, doesanyone know how many dinners are allotted to a platinum (or higher) statusstaying in a studio. As a platinum plus member, I booked a studio on theGetaway.

Cynthia, you will receive two certificates for two people to dine at the same time at the same restaurant on two separate occasions. It doesn'tmatter if you are the only one assigned to your cabin or not. It doesn't matter if you are in a solo studio or a suite.

Enjoy your wonderful cruise vacation onboard Norwegian Getaway. :D

Actually, the FAQs plainly state that a solotraveler gets two dinners for one, not two dinners for two.

Multiple CruiseNext consultants have expressed that very little about the FAQs is "plainly stated". They're having to do quite a bit of explaining onboard so that the affected Loyalty passengers understand the entitlements, which are rather 'clouded' by the online wording.

Your incorrect interpretation is part of that cloud.

Actually, it isn't that clear.

Under the question about whether you can split the vouchers if you are solo itdoes indeed say that solo travellers get two dinners for one. However, it thensays "the benefit is only if there are two guests dining on the samevisit", which suggests something different.

It was/is that whole voucher split thing that created the bulk of confusing text.

It was never meant to be a norm, or exception, for solo passengers to split the former loyalty certificates, but so many ships began to accept the request that a precedent was set . . . and later regretted.

The poster in post #2 indicated that the FAQstated that a solo traveler would get 2 dinners for 2. I simply pointed outthat the FAQ actually states that a solo traveler only gets 2 dinners for 1.You then tried to jump in with anecdotal evidence to the contrary. I could careless about what people claim...it isn't relevant to a post and response thatspecifically dealt with what was statedin the FAQ.

As mentioned previously, we can only state what the rules are, what the FAQsays, etc. Just because someone makes the claim of an exception doesn't mean:

a - the exception will be available to others

b - the exception will be available to the claimant in the future

c - the exception ever truly occurred in the first place

Since you state you could care less that indicates that you do care, so that is the primary reason for me to come back to this thread and offer a factual onboard experience occurring on multiple ships, as recently as right now . . . as in right this very minute.

You’re welcome.

. . . As hawkeyetise states, a literal reading onthe FAQs would mean that a solo cruiser can't use their voucher unless theycould find another solo cruiser to take with them. The FAQs are obviously badlywritten at best, or perhaps totally wrong.

My reading of the FAQs is that you receive two dinners for two (as clearlystated in the FAQs). However, if there is just one of you then you actually gettwo dinners for one because they can't be split (as clearly stated in theFAQs). If you find someone else to come with you then you can use the voucherto pay for them and therefore get the full benefit because there are two guestsdining on the same visit. . .

Keith:

Your reading (your last paragraph) of the FAQs is spot-on.

But the relevant question is notone asked in the FAQ, it is the one asked in post #1 of this thread...and theincorrect answer to that question supplied in post #2. That is what is beingdiscussed here.... nothing more.

I’ve love to agree with you there, Len, but then we’d both be wrong.

The answer supplied in post #2 was, indeed, correct.

. . .
The benefit is PER STATEROOM. You only get itfor two when there are two or more in the stateroom. One in the stateroom getstwo dinners for one.

Nope, again.

. . . If it is so clear then please explain thecontradiction between the statements that the benefit is two dinners for onebut is only if two guests dine at the same visit?

I mean explain it, not just continue to ignore it.

This is an honest question. You continue to say that the FAQs are clear, inwhich case you should be able to clarify them for us, as they look very unclearto others posting on this thread

I truly believe he could/should have come back here to clear up the confusion, but he seems to have chosen not to. If he inquired onboard Norwegian Epic last week, Melissa and her team at the CruiseNext desk would have explained everything and apologized for the confusion that was/is going on with the text.

And “if” he inquired last week to find his earlier interpretation to be correct, there would have been potential for this thread to get a Neener Neener update.

His sailing was shorter than 5 days so the loyalty certificate didn’t actually come into play.

. . . If the stateroom only has one guest, thenthe two dinner benefit does not apply because solo travelers only get twodinners for ONE.

Nope, yet again.

. . .You may be correct, but I disagree with that interpretation. I stated myreading of it earlier.

It certainly doesn't look that clear to me (which is the point I have beentrying to make).

Perhaps we should consider what it actually happening on the ships for furtherclarification.

That is the purpose of me doing this thread update.

. . . The benefits are each listed as dinner for2 per stateroom. The dinners are not addressed in the T&Cs and all the FAQsregarding the dinner benefit say the same thing - that the benefit is 2 dinnersper stateroom.

The FAQ regarding solos specifically asks if a voucher can be split into 2dinners for 1 and the answer says: 1) it is 2 dinners per stateroom; 2) solotravelers get 2 dinners for 1; 3) it can't be split; 4) it is only a benefitwhen 2 guests dine together. I believe it is only offered to show that thedinner for two cannot be split if a solo traveler was truly solo and was diningsolo.

Since the T&C for the Latitudes benefits do not address this issue and thebenefit is listed as dinners for two per stateroom then that is what I amentitled to as a platinum cruiser if I book a cabin to myself.

Yep, that was exactly what they meant . . . but they didn’t put it in the clearest form of words. All because of that earlier ‘spitting’ precedent.

I’m fully expecting for ‘someone’ to respond back to me and ask for either a link or some text directly from NCL concerning my factual responses above. Oh, how I really really hope that person does. Please do. Please. The last time that gauntlet was thrown to me . . . it was fun.