Platinum latitudes dinner for member in studio

camscuba2

Since the latitudes change in February, does anyone know how many dinners are allotted to a platinum (or higher) status staying in a studio. As a platinum plus member, I booked a studio on the Getaway. The information indicates dinner for 2 at bistro/cagneys (per stateroom) AND dinner for 2 at Moderno or La Cucina (per stateroom). Am I entitled to 4 dinners? The ifne print does not address the studios or single person in a cabin.

The old program offered dinner for 2 at La Bistro or La Cucina (per person). I enjoyed 2 different dinners under the old plan.

THANKS, Cynthia

Actually, the FAQs plainly state that a solo traveler gets two dinners for one, not two dinners for two.

Actually, it isn't that clear.

Under the question about whether you can split the vouchers if you are solo it does indeed say that solo travellers get two dinners for one. However, it then says "the benefit is only if there are two guests dining on the same visit", which suggests something different.

Interestingly, on another thread, someone currently onboard the Star has reported using one of their vouchers to go to Moderno with a friend and having split the other to get two meals for themselves in Le Bistro.

Obviously individual members of staff can make exceptions, but that person clearly didn't just receive two dinners for one,

Actually, it isn't that clear.

Under the question about whether you can split the vouchers if you are solo it does indeed say that solo travellers get two dinners for one. However, it then says "the benefit is only if there are two guests dining on the same visit", which suggests something different.

Interestingly, on another thread, someone currently onboard the Star has reported using one of their vouchers to go to Moderno with a friend and having split the other to get two meals for themselves in Le Bistro.

Obviously individual members of staff can make exceptions, but that person clearly didn't just receive two dinners for one,

Well, I can only go by what the FAQ states...not by what someone "claims".

The FAQ itself is poorly written, and if you insist on only believing what it says to the letter, to the exclusion of all other available information, then solo travelers must find another person to go with them to eat in order to take advantage of their free dinner for one. In fact, all Platinum members, if they want to use their dinner benefit, must dine in groups of exactly two.

As usual with NCL, we have to read between the lines, and yes, take into account reports (sorry, "claims") about what is actually happening on board.

The FAQ itself is poorly written, and if you insist on only believing what it says to the letter, to the exclusion of all other available information, then solo travelers must find another person to go with them to eat in order to take advantage of their free dinner for one. In fact, all Platinum members, if they want to use their dinner benefit, must dine in groups of exactly two.

As usual with NCL, we have to read between the lines, and yes, rely on reports about what is actually happening on board.

Exactly.

I give up. You are obviously determined to miss my point, so there is no point trying to explain further.

Actually, I think it is you who is missing the point.

The poster in post #2 indicated that the FAQ stated that a solo traveler would get 2 dinners for 2. I simply pointed out that the FAQ actually states that a solo traveler only gets 2 dinners for 1. You then tried to jump in with anecdotal evidence to the contrary. I could care less about what people claim...it isn't relevant to a post and response that specifically dealt with what was stated in the FAQ.

As mentioned previously, we can only state what the rules are, what the FAQ says, etc. Just because someone makes the claim of an exception doesn't mean:

a - the exception will be available to others

b - the exception will be available to the claimant in the future

c - the exception ever truly occurred in the first place

Actually, I think it is you who is missing the point.

The poster in post #2 indicated that the FAQ stated that a solo traveler would get 2 dinners for 2. I simply pointed out that the FAQ actually states that a solo traveler only gets 2 dinners for 1. You then tried to jump in with anecdotal evidence to the contrary. I could care less about what people claim...it isn't relevant to a post and response that specifically dealt with what was stated in the FAQ.

As mentioned previously, we can only state what the rules are, what the FAQ says, etc. Just because someone makes the claim of an exception doesn't mean:

a - the exception will be available to others

b - the exception will be available to the claimant in the future

c - the exception ever truly occurred in the first place

Ok, I will try again. I'll choose to see it as a challenge.

Firstly, ignore the anecdotal evidence. I mentioned it out of interest, and it was absolutely clear that it was anecdotal. Just ignore that bit, as it seems to be confusing you.

Now, this is the point that I am trying to make.

You said:

Actually, the FAQs plainly state that a solo traveler gets two dinners for one, not two dinners for two.

Now, my point is a simple one. The FAQs are not actually all that clear. They state:

"No, this benefit is delivered as two dinners for two per stateroom. Solo travellers get two dinners for one. You cannot split the voucher in to two separate vouchers and redeem the dinners on two separate evenings. The benefit is only if there are two guests dining on the same visit."

As I pointed out at the time, you are absolutely correct that the FAQs state that solo travellers get two dinners for one. However, the last sentence seems to confuse matter. If you have a dinner for one then how can there be two guests dining on the same visit? As hawkeyetise states, a literal reading on the FAQs would mean that a solo cruiser can't use their voucher unless they could find another solo cruiser to take with them. The FAQs are obviously badly written at best, or perhaps totally wrong.

My reading of the FAQs is that you receive two dinners for two (as clearly stated in the FAQs). However, if there is just one of you then you actually get two dinners for one because they can't be split (as clearly stated in the FAQs). If you find someone else to come with you then you can use the voucher to pay for them and therefore get the full benefit because there are two guests dining on the same visit.

That wasn't your reading of it, so I think it makes my point that the FAQ isn't clear.

I did then foolishly decide that people on here would be able to cope with an anecdotal story, posted on another thread here by someone which may shed some light on the situation. By no means does my posting that suggest anything other than this is what someone has reported. It may however, shed some light on how the ships may be interpreting those new rules.

I'll just state my experience here. I generally avoid the FAQs because I'm not sure any crew member even knows they exist. On a cruise last fall (before the Latitudes change) I used my LeBistro certificate and at check-in they told me to feel free to come back the next day, too, because the certificate was for two free dinners. I did and they had my name on the list and there was no problem. The new Latitudes program may have changed that, but my suggestion would be if you don't find anyone to dine with, ask when you check in if you can come back for a second dinner. The worst that will happen is that they'll say no.

Ok, I will try again. I'll choose to see it as a challenge.

Firstly, ignore the anecdotal evidence. I mentioned it out of interest, and it was absolutely clear that it was anecdotal. Just ignore that bit, as it seems to be confusing you.

Now, this is the point that I am trying to make.

You said:

Now, my point is a simple one. The FAQs are not actually all that clear. They state:

"No, this benefit is delivered as two dinners for two per stateroom. Solo travellers get two dinners for one. You cannot split the voucher in to two separate vouchers and redeem the dinners on two separate evenings. The benefit is only if there are two guests dining on the same visit."

As I pointed out at the time, you are absolutely correct that the FAQs state that solo travellers get two dinners for one. However, the last sentence seems to confuse matter. If you have a dinner for one then how can there be two guests dining on the same visit? As hawkeyetise states, a literal reading on the FAQs would mean that a solo cruiser can't use their voucher unless they could find another solo cruiser to take with them. The FAQs are obviously badly written at best, or perhaps totally wrong.

My reading of the FAQs is that you receive two dinners for two (as clearly stated in the FAQs). However, if there is just one of you then you actually get two dinners for one because they can't be split (as clearly stated in the FAQs). If you find someone else to come with you then you can use the voucher to pay for them and therefore get the full benefit because there are two guests dining on the same visit.

That wasn't your reading of it, so I think it makes my point that the FAQ isn't clear.

I did then foolishly decide that people on here would be able to cope with an anecdotal story, posted on another thread here by someone which may shed some light on the situation. By no means does my posting that suggest anything other than this is what someone has reported. It may however, shed some light on how the ships may be interpreting those new rules.

Ahhh...now I see why you are confused. The topic of this thread is Platinum dinners for those in a studio cabin (IOW...solo travelers). Since we are discussing solos, you should just ignore the information that is only relevant to those who are not solo. Once you limit the discussion to the topic at hand, the confusion should diminish.

The topic of this thread is Platinum dinners for those in a studio cabin (IOW...solo travelers). Since we are discussing solos, you should just ignore the information that is only relevant to those who are not solo.
The question in the FAQ whose answer is cited above is "Can I still split the dinner for two vouchers if I am a solo traveler (two meals for one person)?" The question is exclusively about solo travelers, so all of the answer is relevant to solo travelers.

The question in the FAQ whose answer is cited above is "Can I still split the dinner for two vouchers if I am a solo traveler (two meals for one person)?" The question is exclusively about solo travelers, so all of the answer is relevant to solo travelers.

But the relevant question is not one asked in the FAQ, it is the one asked in post #1 of this thread...and the incorrect answer to that question supplied in post #2. That is what is being discussed here....nothing more.

But the relevant question is not one asked in the FAQ, it is the one asked in post #1 of this thread...and the incorrect answer to that question supplied in post #2. That is what is being discussed here....nothing more.

Go to the FAQs and read the whole of the question about whether you can split the platinum voucher.

Just that question, so it is certainly referring to solo travellers, but read it all.

The whole of it.

Don't just stop half way through this time.

Go to the FAQs and read the whole of the question about whether you can split the platinum voucher.

Just that question, so it is certainly referring to solo travellers, but read it all.

The whole of it.

Don't just stop half way through this time.

I have read it...sorry that you don't understand it, but it is very clear to me. The benefit is PER STATEROOM. You only get it for two when there are two or more in the stateroom. One in the stateroom gets two dinners for one.

I have read it...sorry that you don't understand it, but it is very clear to me. The benefit is PER STATEROOM. You only get it for two when there are two or more in the stateroom. One in the stateroom gets two dinners for one.

Absolutely, the benefit is per stateroom. Nobody has suggested otherwise.

If it is so clear then please explain the contradiction between the statements that the benefit is two dinners for one but is only if two guests dine at the same visit?

I mean explain it, not just continue to ignore it.

This is an honest question. You continue to say that the FAQs are clear, in which case you should be able to clarify them for us, as they look very unclear to others posting on this thread

Absolutely, the benefit is per stateroom. Nobody has suggested otherwise.

If it is so clear then please explain the contradiction between the statements that the benefit is two dinners for one but is only if two guests dine at the same visit?

I mean explain it, not just continue to ignore it.

This is an honest question. You continue to say that the FAQs are clear, in which case you should be able to clarify them for us, as they look very unclear to others posting on this thread

The question you refer to asks if the dinner for two can be split by one person. The answer explains that a solo traveler only gets two dinners for one. Then states: "The benefit (OF TWO DINNERS) is only if there are two guests dining on the same visit." Emphasis added for clarification at your request.

If the stateroom only has one guest, then the two dinner benefit does not apply because solo travelers only get two dinners for ONE.

The question you refer to asks if the dinner for two can be split by one person. The answer explains that a solo traveler only gets two dinners for one. Then states: "The benefit (OF TWO DINNERS) is only if there are two guests dining on the same visit." Emphasis added for clarification at your request.

If the stateroom only has one guest, then the two dinner benefit does not apply because solo travelers only get two dinners for ONE.

Thank you for your explanation.

You may be correct, but I disagree with that interpretation. I stated my reading of it earlier.

It certainly doesn't look that clear to me (which is the point I have been trying to make).

Perhaps we should consider what it actually happening on the ships for further clarification. :)