Easter Dinner on the Getaway

Escaping2016

when we sailed over Easter 2 years ago, they did have Easter dinner foods on the menus. the ship was decorated, and they did a bunny for the kids and i think an egg hunt (we dont have kids so i just saw/heard of these in passing, didnt get real detailed info). they also will offer Mass if a priest happens to be on Board (there wasnt one for us, but they had made the inquiry as if one was on Board willing to offer).

We were on the Getaway at Easter 2015, and yes they did have a special Easter dinner.

Very annoying it was too. The whole menu was changed, and the everyday items were not available that day, which meant that there was nothing that our son wanted (he can usually get something from that section).

We were planning on going to the MDR that night, but ended up in the buffet.

We are traveling on the Getaway on Easter and my parents are wondering if they will be serving any kind of traditional Easter dinner (lamb, ham etc).

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It all depends on your definition of "traditional"? I find that there is very little traditional Easter food on board other than lamb, (which is certainly not prepared in our traditional way and is often served with jelly - yuck!) but what we have as a tradition is not the same as other people.

• 3 weeks later...
There will be five of us 4 adults 1 teen

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Are you on the roll call? There are quite a few over there that are cruising that week. We love getting to know some fellow cruisers before we go.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk