Grand D314 vs E718

Corsair415

Hello all, just got an upgrade offer between two mini suites. Just wondering if D314 is better than E718, or if we should stay on Emerald deck. Seem to remember reading that Emerald has the best mini suites, but can't seem to find it to confirm. Thank you all in advance for the help.

Do not know about e718... we usually book forward, d208, d220... did cruise with my sister who had a mini in the 300... numbers... all cabins are the same it is only the size of the balcony that varies. We have been very happy with the mini suites we booked.

Do not know about e718... we usually book forward, d208, d220... did cruise with my sister who had a mini in the 300... numbers... all cabins are the same it is only the size of the balcony that varies. We have been very happy with the mini suites we booked.
Thanks for the input. :)

Look on the deck plans and check the stage location of the lounge below. We once had a mini right above the stage area and they sometimes were sound checking past our bedtime 11'ish) and that speaker reverberated through the floor of our room. Sorry, don't remember offhand what side, port side I think. Apparently from comments I have read no issues with the other side at all.

It's a matter of a totally uncovered balcony on Dolphin deck or a fully covered balcony on Emerald deck as the cabins are otherwise identical. Only exception are last minis on either side on both decks which have significantly larger balconies with aft and side views. I have seen no posts indicating a noise issue in E718.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Great feedback, I'd definitely prefer to have a covered balconey, and be further aft than up forward. I'll look into how things look below for any noise issues,wouldn't want that keeping my 4 year old awake. Thank you all.