And another wine package question

Belle on board

Hi everyone,

Just preparing for our first ever cruise on the QV in July. Have gathered lots of wonderful tips including about the advantages of pre buying a wine package. What I want to know is would the wine we bought only be available in the dining room? Would it be possible to open a bottle in a bar before dinner and have it moved to finish it with the meal?

Thanks

Hi everyone,

Just preparing for our first ever cruise on the QV in July. Have gathered lots of wonderful tips including about the advantages of pre buying a wine package. What I want to know is would the wine we bought only be available in the dining room? Would it be possible to open a bottle in a bar before dinner and have it moved to finish it with the meal?

Thanks

My experience has been, it's far more practical to 'purchase an additional bottle of wine' ( for consumption in your chosen bar venue) and have it re corked for your next visit ( I often do this as a solo, even do it in the G32/Hemispheres :halo: ) Otherwise, arrange your intention with a senior bar crew member in advance , they will then have time to prepare your request.

Presenting a 'coupon from the booklet' of your pre purchased wine package in a bar venue ( in other words outside of a dining room) will cause confusion with the bar staff , it's quite a hassle for their paper work and you'll be sitting around for ages until they've managed to rectified it. ( yes it can be done, but it's best to make things easy for your self, and also for the crew member)

It's the same if you intend to dine in one of the Alternative Restaurants. For a streamline line service and to avoid any hassle and waiting around, it's wise to advise your Sommelier ( an hour or so before, or preferably the evening before) that you will be dining 'Alternative' therefore your wine will be delivered to your dining venue and will be waiting table side.

:)