RC Excursion to St. Johns- Honeymoon Beach

Anyone have experience with the excursion at St. Thomas to St John/Honeymoon Beach? Is there area to order food and adult drinks close by? Does the beach there get crowded? I have been on Trunk Bay when cruisers came in and basically took over the beach...now I guess I am going to be one of those cruisers;)

That's the ONLY problem with going to St. John...the travel time to and from the island limits your time on the beaches! That said, the sun is so strong, 90 mins. is about right for fair-skinned people! We LOVE St. John!

We did this in January. Just so you know, you only get 90 minutes at the beach. We enjoyed the excursion , but would have loved more time at the beach.

MrPayroll- was it the "St. John Exclusive Honeymoon Beach Break?" Reason I ask is that the description on RC cruise planner says you have "over 3 hours" on the beach. Total excursion time is listed as 6 hours. Thanks!

• 4 months later...
I have the same question...deciding whether to do the St. John Exclusive Honeymoon Beach Break excursion or do the St. John on Your Own excursion.

I realize there's a St. Thomas cruise board but saw this thread already so adding on. Any input?

We did the Exclusive Honeymoon Beach break. The boat ride over is about 45 minutes, then a quick ride to Caneel Bay. There is a little bit of a walk to the beach, but it's worth it. Beautiful big beach and great snorkeling. They also have kayaks and paddle boards to use included. There is a sandwich hut run by the resort with food and drinks- even Painkillers. You do have about 3 hours on the beach. If you want to see more of St. John, maybe do the on your own. If you want beach time, this is a good one.