Internet pkgs on Brilliance

Okay, so I have a TA on Brilliance coming up soon and perused the internet packages offered by RCL. My first thoughts were: OMG, highway robbery, extortion, gouging and some serious amounts of greed! Seriously...

For those of you that have paid such a dear price to "stay in touch," can you tell me was it worth it; was it everything you hoped it would be? If lots of people are signing up for these overpriced packages, I can understand how RCCL and other lines are staying in the black.... So maybe I'll just have to go seriously out-of-pocket for two weeks, because I'm having a difficult time justifying their super over inflated prices. Or maybe is just me....

Are there other options besides paying those outrageous prices?

Okay, so I have a TA on Brilliance coming up soon and perused the internet packages offered by RCL. My first thoughts were: OMG, highway robbery, extortion, gouging and some serious amounts of greed! Seriously...

Have you seen prices on Celebrity?

... Are there other options besides paying those outrageous prices?

I forget to mention that you could use cellular data over the satellte connection (cellular at sea). However, if you did that, you would really know the meaning of "outrageous prices".

On my last TA (and most cruises) I try to time it by combining free wifi at ports and using my free usage (I'm diamond+). I would usually wind up paying for a day or two with a few days going "cold turkey". On my upcoming 24 day cruise I purchased the full package at the discounted rate. Not so much for streaming but I need to check in with my office. (I find the 10 minutes I spend responding to issues while I'm away saves me days of hassle when I return home. Like another poster said the speeds are waaaay better than they used to be!

Sent from my iPad using Forums