NCL's Promos AFTER you make your reservations

Sort of strange question; bear with me...

Since telling people we were going on a Norwegian Cruise I've had 2 different people tell me that if new (and better) promos come up I can call and have them added to my reservation as long as my cruise hasn't been paid in full.

This seemed like a neat idea but when I called and talked to a CS rep (who seemed very unsure of herself) I was told that unless I called and cancelled my prior reservation and made a new one this wasn't a possibility.

I don't want to miss out on some great deals BUT I also don't want to call and wait only to get the same information.

Anyone ever heard this? This is my first cruise as an adult (last one was in 1993 as a teen) and I want to make sure I'm getting accurate info.

Thanks [emoji3]

Jen

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Sort of strange question; bear with me...

Since telling people we were going on a Norwegian Cruise I've had 2 different people tell me that if new (and better) promos come up I can call and have them added to my reservation as long as my cruise hasn't been paid in full.

This seemed like a neat idea but when I called and talked to a CS rep (who seemed very unsure of herself) I was told that unless I called and cancelled my prior reservation and made a new one this wasn't a possibility.

I don't want to miss out on some great deals BUT I also don't want to call and wait only to get the same information.

Anyone ever heard this? This is my first cruise as an adult (last one was in 1993 as a teen) and I want to make sure I'm getting accurate info.

Thanks [emoji3]

Jen

This is the process that I've done in the past to get a better deal. I usually start a reservation on the website to price everything out and to see what cabins are available.

You should watch the dates for final payment, after that you can't get the refund and therefore can't make changes.

This is the process that I've done in the past to get a better deal. I usually start a reservation on the website to price everything out and to see what cabins are available.

What is the process that you've done? Make a new reservation then cancel the old? Sorry, I'm new to this [emoji6]

What is the process that you've done? Make a new reservation then cancel the old? Sorry, I'm new to this [emoji6]

Goto ncl and do a mock booking for the cruise you have purchased and see if any new promos or price has changed. If so contact NCL and have them change your booking you can do this as long as you are before the final payment deadline.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

That's not usually correct. You can't just ask them to add more stuff to your reservation. If you want the new promo, you have to give up your old promo, and you also have to accept the new fare, which may be more than your current fare. But you should monitor your cruise, because a lot of times, the promo gets better, and the fare doesn't change (or if you get really lucky, the fare can even go down). If that happens, get on the phone and rebook!

If the perks get better but the price goes up, you have to decide if it's worth your while to change your booking.

If you want to take advantage of new promos you can; but it does require a cancel/rebook. Most often this is not an issue, but what it does mean is you are accepting the new price. So say you currently have UBP and SDP and r booked at $800 pp... if next month the price goes up to $1,000 pp but prepaid grats is added as an option. You can have your booking switched to the new $1,000 pp price if you want to switch your promo to prepaid grats.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I just tried this tonight for a reservation I have in 2019. Same price same perks as I booked with two weeks ago but they added 100 obc. I called to get the obc added however what I didn't realize was that because I had booked when the 50.00 deposits were in play in order for me to take advantage of the obc I would have to pay an additional 300.00 deposit. I passed since the cruise is almost two years away and I'm sure there will be other promotions before then.

Sent from my 2PQ93 using Tapatalk

IF you are booked through a United States NCL office. Or IF you are booked with a travel agent that does not charge a penalty for changes, THEN the normal process is to cancel your original reservation and take the current promotions at the current pricing.