Playa Mia or Paradise beach with 4 kids 10 to 17?

jjswiech

Anyone have some recent experiences and advice for me regarding Cozumel and Playa Mia or Paradise beach. For my family I think I have narrowed things down to these 2.

We will just get a taxi from the pier. They both have inflatables and some water toys. I don't care about the food or drinking.

I was thinking Paradise beach may be slightly less busy, but I could be wrong. There will be 6 ships in port that day and we don't arrive until 10am.

I feel like Mr. Sanchos is more about the food and drink. Nachi would be more relaxing but no beach toys for the kids. If we did Playa Mia we would do it without the buffet option. I know at Paradise they ask for $10 in food purchases per person, but even with the food purchase it is a little less expensive than Playa Mia.

Also do you know if we have to pay cash at these places or if the accept credit card when you go directly to the location?

Your experiences and opinions would be greatly appreciated!

Paradise Beach is bigger than Playa Mia and offers a HUGE pool plus great facilities; if you are not interested in the various drinks/buffet options at Playa MIa and don't have a toddler who would enjoy the kiddie water park the PB is the obvious choice IMHO.