Calm Beach for Snorkeling

gidgetgoes

after reading reviews and all the advice here, i think we will just taxi to Divi Resort and hang out there for the day. will bring our snorkel gear, but won't expect to do much. will do lunch there, enjoy the beach, make it a short day. play it by ear. sounds like the easiest plan with our limited knowledge and the crowds in port that day. :)

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

after reading reviews and all the advice here, i think we will just taxi to Divi Resort and hang out there for the day. will bring our snorkel gear, but won't expect to do much. will do lunch there, enjoy the beach, make it a short day. play it by ear. sounds like the easiest plan with our limited knowledge and the crowds in port that day. :)

I think that this is a fine choice with a 10 yr old. They can rent a kayak or perhaps a paddle board with your help and they might even meet some friends for the day as the two resorts that share the beach are timeshare resorts. I have never seen or read of this beach being overcrowded even though there are resorts an it's close to the port.

Let us know how your day turns out.

For snorkeling try over by the rocks (I know you knew that already):)

I have not snorkeled at Le Galion cause when I did it was not good. I have not read that this has changed in recent years. There is one restaurant ( government issues- long story) no problems with the restaurant itself from recent reviews but it seems that it is living on borrowed time. It has a bathroom and there are chair rentals.

<snip>

karysa,

Note that Government (Conservatoire du Littoral) has only agreed to let Patrick and Tracey remain "thru season". No telling what happens then.

gary

I think that this is a fine choice with a 10 yr old. They can rent a kayak or perhaps a paddle board with your help and they might even meet some friends for the day as the two resorts that share the beach are timeshare resorts. I have never seen or read of this beach being overcrowded even though there are resorts an it's close to the port.

Let us know how your day turns out.

For snorkeling try over by the rocks (I know you knew that already):)

thanks! i think this will be a good choice. very easy, very low key. Thanks!

thanks! i think this will be a good choice. very easy, very low key. Thanks!

:) I'm not sure if transportation has been discussed but you should be looking at about a 15 minute $15 total each way for the three of you to Little Bay. Have a great cruise.

karysa,

Note that Government (Conservatoire du Littoral) has only agreed to let Patrick and Tracey remain "thru season". No telling what happens then.

gary

Thanks for the update. I have been keeping my eye open for a new thread indicating that Chez Pat has indeed closed as I would not feel comfortable recommending cruisers go to Le Galion without facilities up and running.

Thanks for the update. I have been keeping my eye open for a new thread indicating that Chez Pat has indeed closed as I would not feel comfortable recommending cruisers go to Le Galion without facilities up and running.

Oh, that's sad to hear about Chez Pat.