Is P&O for us?

SquishTheWhale

You can't make that up haha! And I thought the accupuncture seminars on NCL were bad lol. To be fair we are fairly good at entertaining ourselves during the day. The only day activities we did on NCL were dance classes- do you have them on P&O? We are complete beginners who just enjoy trying the classes for a laugh, not serious ballroom dancers or anything!

Yes there seems to be dance classes most days.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

I'm sailing with P&O for the first time this year and due to the reasonable prices we have decided to do 2 cruises - Fjords & Caribbean we've gone for the larger ships, I'm 28 and hubby is 33 - we've been cruising since 2012 and previous cruises we've always found a mix of nationalities and ages. I've read many reviews but I will be going open minded as everyone has a different opinion and unless you experience it yourself you'll never know.

We enjoy a nice meal in the evening, followed by a few drinks and live music or theatre show, play cards, hit the roulette table or go and chill in the hot tubs. Sometimes we go and sit and read our books some where quiet, do puzzle books and people watch! The cruises we have booked seem to be very port intensive and we like to make the most of the days exploring and I'm getting old and cant handle late nights :')

After my essay, I guess the summary is - book it and go and experience it for yourself! :)

I'm sailing with P&O for the first time this year and due to the reasonable prices we have decided to do 2 cruises - Fjords & Caribbean we've gone for the larger ships, I'm 28 and hubby is 33 - we've been cruising since 2012 and previous cruises we've always found a mix of nationalities and ages. I've read many reviews but I will be going open minded as everyone has a different opinion and unless you experience it yourself you'll never know.

We enjoy a nice meal in the evening, followed by a few drinks and live music or theatre show, play cards, hit the roulette table or go and chill in the hot tubs. Sometimes we go and sit and read our books some where quiet, do puzzle books and people watch! The cruises we have booked seem to be very port intensive and we like to make the most of the days exploring and I'm getting old and cant handle late nights :')

After my essay, I guess the summary is - book it and go and experience it for yourself! :)

Thank you! Sounds like the kind of stuff we like to do as well. I can't handle my late nights either haha. On NCL we kept intending to get 2am chicken wings but never made it that late!

Thank you! Sounds like the kind of stuff we like to do as well. I can't handle my late nights either haha. On NCL we kept intending to get 2am chicken wings but never made it that late!

We never made the 2am chicken wings on NCL either I think it was about 1130-1200 when we did (at night!) and that was after we almost drank a whole bottle of Baileys between us! :') We had a free all inclusive package! We loved that :hearteyes:

We paid for the top RCI package last year £1k (with discount) and I don't think we drank that much!! We decided we'd save £1k and then anything spare is a bonus for the 2 week one this year- we're not usually big drinkers anyway. Just a shame they don't do a soda package - £35 for 20 regular drinks is all I think they do for soda.

You're welcome, I might add that the evening entertainment is really quite good it's just the daytime stuff that's a bit 'pants' especially if the weather is poor, you could be wandering around looking for something to do as most 'activities' tend to be aimed at the more 'mature' passenger. Although you might like a bit of towel folding etc. Let's put it this way, on one P&O cruise I was on I took part in a quiz and the prize was (wait for it) a pension book holder (serious) plus there was also an organised discussion on euthanasia Jesus eh? That was a laugh a minute. (I'm honestly not making this up)

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

I just spilt my tea laughing, better call the carer...

We never made the 2am chicken wings on NCL either I think it was about 1130-1200 when we did (at night!) and that was after we almost drank a whole bottle of Baileys between us! :') We had a free all inclusive package! We loved that :hearteyes:

We paid for the top RCI package last year £1k (with discount) and I don't think we drank that much!! We decided we'd save £1k and then anything spare is a bonus for the 2 week one this year- we're not usually big drinkers anyway. Just a shame they don't do a soda package - £35 for 20 regular drinks is all I think they do for soda.

At least you can bring on soda I suppose unlike on NCL! We have the free drinks package for the first time in October! We aren't drinkers so would never pay for it but got to love free. I intend to thoroughly abuse it at the mojito bar!