What time to get to Port Canaveral/Terminal 1 for parking

Kendallkat2

Hi read somewhere that's it's a traffic mess at Terminal 1 when parking. We leave tomorrow for an Oasis of Seas cruise. I have pre-payed for our parking but wondering what time we should get to the port? I'm thinking that 1pm would be good.

Also how does the pre-pay work? Where or how do you show that you have pre-payed.

Thanks,

The area immediately around terminal 1 is not adequate to hand,e the volume of traffic Oasis brings unfortunately.

About a month ago had family leaving that wanted to arrive at 11am and it took almost an hour from the exit off A1A to the drop off point which is less than a mile. I would say showing up later is definitely a good idea. Yes, you'll miss a couple hours onboard but you have a whole week to enjoy it.

Hi read somewhere that's it's a traffic mess at Terminal 1 when parking. We leave tomorrow for an Oasis of Seas cruise. I have pre-payed for our parking but wondering what time we should get to the port? I'm thinking that 1pm would be good.

Also how does the pre-pay work? Where or how do you show that you have pre-payed.

Thanks,

The port website says you must bring a copy of your prepaid parking voucher with you in order to be able to enter the port and parking deck.

Hopefully you have that with you......

the 'mess' happens when the 'me first on board' clashes with the

getting off crowd ....

when folks ask me (I live near the port and ferry folks regularly) I say 1pm is safe .... so I think YOU are safe and wise.

BUT be warned .... there ARE exceptions ..... just a few weeks ago the port was CLOSED due to fog and the ship arrivals were delayed for several hours ...... the parking was a MESS until past 1pm ....