Off the Magic today! Great week!

Sgt. Jeff

We are also just off magic. Sailed March 4. We are very sad to be home as we loved loved us some carnival magic!! Top notch boat and crew! Don't have one bad thing to say..We had room 9274. Enjoyed this location very very much. Very convenient to most everything. We had 3 women in our room. Getting ready can get congested with three women having to shower...So I learned of a GREAT place to shower. I'd go up to floor 14 ..Above the gym and spa to the spa ladies locker room and it's open all of the time...Huge walk in showers and towels up there. I loved it...Even hairdryers too. I can barely shave my legs in those showers in the rooms..So here I had plenty of room! It was very close to my room too so I didn't have far to go...Just up. We loved all of the ports of call too. Eastern Caribbean is so nice and fun. We made the bestest of friends with our early dining wait staff...They were simply awesome! Fauzi our room steward did a good job too. We got room service a few nights for late night snacks..Fast and efficient. A great service. Food was wonderful...Any questions ...Ask!!! Our favorite ship and cruise so far![/quote

Isn't it awesome to use the spa shower?! We usually have 4 in a room so we can get a balcony (My husband, two sons and me). I always send the guys up to us that shower so I have the bathroom to myself :) I didn't realize they had hairdryers up there! Are they like the ones in the room? Could I plug in my curling iron?

The hair dryers In the rooms were in a drawer...The spa ones are mounted to the walls...It's a beautiful locker room. Yes I think you can plug in your curling iron up there. I took a few pics of it.i can't figure out how to upload pics. There was noone ever in there showering except me

The hair dryers In the rooms were in a drawer...The spa ones are mounted to the walls...It's a beautiful locker room. Yes I think you can plug in your curling iron up there. I took a few pics of it.i can't figure out how to upload pics. There was noone ever in there showering except me

Awesome! If you can figure out the pictures, I would love to see them. Thank you!

I m also on the 4/15 W cruise. ,(2 more prior). How was Guys bar b que. My nephew's spring break priority.😂

Pig and anchor BBQ was very good !!! It opens 12-2 on sea days so get there early on deck 5 right outside ocean plaza by the coffee bar. Line goes fast and it's worth the wait. I enjoyed the meat more than the sides but the potato salad was delicious! All meats and sauces were great. I loved the pork and brisket and my daughter loved the chicken...def go!! Guys burgers were amazing !!! We all went there multiple times . The buns are so soft and you can get caramalized onions and tons of other toppings on the topping bar. They are great burgers! I see on here a lot of people saying tandoor is great...but it never appealed to me to even try it. It's by the aft pool. I love their pizza. I never tried the Mongolian wok either. Enjoy!!!!

Pig and anchor BBQ was very good !!! It opens 12-2 on sea days so get there early on deck 5 right outside ocean plaza by the coffee bar. Line goes fast and it's worth the wait. I enjoyed the meat more than the sides but the potato salad was delicious! All meats and sauces were great. I loved the pork and brisket and my daughter loved the chicken...def go!! Guys burgers were amazing !!! We all went there multiple times . The buns are so soft and you can get caramalized onions and tons of other toppings on the topping bar. They are great burgers! I see on here a lot of people saying tandoor is great...but it never appealed to me to even try it. It's by the aft pool. I love their pizza. I never tried the Mongolian wok either. Enjoy!!!!

I tried the Barbque on the TA Vista, I thought it would be awesome in the warm weather of the Caribbean. It was less ideal on the TA. :) I do really like Guys Burgers, especially their fries. Was on 2 ships in January, Glory, Splendor. Sad to say, I missed Guy's, (some). :) :) But itinerary is what is important for me.

I took my nephew on the Conquest a few years ago, and he is excited to also have the barbque option. I think his priority will be the food. :)

Regarding air conditioning in staterooms, ours never seemed to get that cold. We had a balcony on Lido.

I agree! We had a balcony on 9 and I had the dial on the coolest it would go but it never felt cool or cold. My daughter who slept on the sofa bed said it was cold at night but I didn't think so...Lol. it wasn't hot but just never felt cool to me.

Does anyone know if the BBQ place is open on embarkation day?

No just on sea days from 12-2.but the Italian restaurant is open on embarkation for lunch and is free. We didn't go but I hear it's a pasta bar with lots of offerings...It's upstairs in the lido marketplace or "buffet". Not many know it's open that first day so you may want to check it out.

Dr. E! Best CD we have ever had!

YEAH!!!

This was a total selling feature for us and I am beyond excited...

We are on for a b2b and I know the kids always get a kick out of the CD especially when they are great.

Looking forward to it.

Thanks!!

Chass

We just sailed on her 3/11 - 3/18. Had a great time. Carnival's budget cuts are showing a bit, as the staff seemed overworked, but we gave them the benefit of the doubt.

Some parents should be sent home with their punk kids, though... I couldn't believe the amount of pre-teens (and 4-5 year old kids!) running around in packs... leaving full ice cream cones out on the deck floors to melt, hitting every button on the elevators, and pretty much taking over every hot tub not on deck 15. The language was terrible, too. Naturally, not Carnival's fault, and it seemed like security beefed up a bit as the cruise went along, but amazing nonetheless.

For all of those who just got off, is there still an 80's night? We've seen some videos of Dr E on youtube doing 80's night on the Magic, but have heard they stopped in recently

Yep. And, my family loved it.