MDR on Sky

BOAZ5

We will be sailing with a group for a class reunion. It is our first time on NCL. I am used to the traditional early and late seating for dinner. Does NCL do any set dinner times or is it all up to the discretion of the passenger? Trying to understand the ways of NCL so I can direct our group. THANKS!

You can make reservations online for the MDR before you cruise. If you would prefer to have your dining times already determined.

We have made MDR reservations in the past ahead of time when we knew we would want to eat at a a certain time on a different NCL ship. It really shouldn't be necessary though on the sky. I never saw much of line or people waiting to be seated in either MDR.

Dining on NCL is just like dining on land. If you prefer to make a reservation you can, but there's really no need to in the MDR unless you want a large group seated together. Just show up when hungry. There's a casual and formal dining room (formal just means pants, not suits and gowns). Eat when and where you like. The specialty restaurants tend to book up so reservations are recommended for those.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yep just show up, same as on land, one of my favourite things about NCL!

As this is your first ncl cruise this post may be of use to you, it explains the things that I think are interesting about NCL. Freestyle dining being #1.

http://cruisingisntjustforoldpeople.co.uk/2016/12/04/8-things-i-wish-i-knew-before-cruising-with-ncl/

There's a post on there too just about NCLs freestyle dining. Ncl are amazing you'll have a fabulous time!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums