Seattle

Trying to find a hotel to stay at in Seattle. We will be on the Explorer of the sea on Sept 1. Never been there so would like to see the area. Budget for hotel around $200 to$300. We are arriving 2days befor we sail.

Edited by 12-18-05

Trying to find a hotel to stay at in Seattle. We will be on the Explorer of the sea on Sept 1. Never been there so would like to see the area. Budget for hotel around $200 to$300. We are arriving 2days befor we sail.

Also try the West Coast Departures forum:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=413

We stayed at the Springhill Suites Downtown / South Lake Union this past September. We used points, but I believe it was around $180 per night.

There's always the Holiday Inn and the Holiday Express right next door, in the same area as Hampton Inn, also free, pretty good breakfast in the shadow of the needle. Lots of good restaurants nearby.

We paid $159 online booking several months in advance.

We love the location of the Seattle Marriott Waterfront. Walking distance to Pikes Place, ferris wheel, and city transportation. We'll stay there again next time we are in Seattle. They are a little pricey in September, but you can score a good rate with AAA or AARP. Good luck!

We spent 4 days there before our cruise last year. We stayed near the Space Needle because it was definitely cheaper than downtown and we wanted to see several things in that area. Then we just took the quick monorail to get into the city every day. I'm pretty sure I have my trip report in my signature with the details. We stayed at the Four Points Sheraton on Mercer St.

Believe it or not, there's more to do downtown that by the Seattle Center (Space Needle). But as somebody said, it may be cheaper to stay near the Seattle Center than downtown. The monorail is quick and easy - takes you from Seattle Center to 5th & Pike. Then you can just walk toward the water to the Pike Place Market and walk south along the waterfront.

Enjoy! Seattle is gorgeous on a sunny clear day so be sure to go to the top of the Space Needle to see everything.

As a resident, I have yet to ride the Big Wheel - it's on my to-do list for sure. It's not very old and I haven't been able to play tourist for awhile.

We sailed out of Seattle 2 years ago. We stayed two nights at the Sleep Inn near the Airport. It was really nice especially for a Choice Hotel. The price was very reasonable, I think around $150 per night. There is an IHOP right next door. There is a free shuttle that takes you to a mall. The hotel shuttle took us to a nice restaurant. This hotel included airport shuttle and breakfast.