Best snorkling in Cozumel?

moonvine

Hi all,

I'm looking for the best snorkling in Cozumel. I have heard people say the Punta Sur area is great but I hardly ever see posts about it. I've done Discover Scuba with Eagle Ray (more than 11 years ago) and loved it, but my friend has physical issues that prevent her from diving. Not at all interested in beaches, seen plenty.

We like to take a cab to The Money Bar and snorkel from shore there. You can use their chairs and stairs into the water no charge, but they like you to order some food and drinks. Prices are reasonable, cab fare for up to 4 passengers was 11.00 plus tip from the port that Princess and Carnival use.

Money Bar is great snorkeling from the shore; we used Eagle Ray a couple of years ago for a snorkel trip and were happy. You'll see more if you take a boat tour, but you'll also pay a lot more. Your call.

I am not into snorkeling from shore, I like to go out and snorkel over reefs. This is why I am having a question about Punta Sur, apparently there is a reef relatively near. Then I discovered there is a save the turtles excursion and October is within turtle hatching season...oh the quandary...

• 3 months later...