Taste of Normandy Tour

Liv4Beach

We did the Normandy beaches tour many years ago and it was awesome. Would do it again in a heart beat!!!

I agree...no contest. Although the Normandy region produces some fantastic food, you need to visit the beaches.

We visited the beaches last fall on a river cruise from Paris on Avalon and experienced both, but the beaches were the highlight of the cruise.

PNG%20Sig_zps9bcbhaj9.png

I have not done the 'Taste of Normandy' tour but I do live over here in Europe (UK & France) and I have visited the beaches and more significantly the cemetery at Colleville and my advice would be that you just have to visit Colleville

It is immensely difficult to comprehend the magnitude of the sacrifice those boys made and you will not be able to visit the cemetery without several tears coming to your eyes. Hopefully the trip will also include Pointe du Hoc and Arromanches (where you can still see the remnants of the 'Mulberry harbour' which was sailed over in kit form from England and assembled on site in a matter of days).

Suffice to say that most Europeans who have visited the cemetery feel compelled to go back and repeat the experience.

IMHO If you don't do it you will regret it.

Our tour did the beaches and the cemetery and the museum. We also had a gentleman on the tour who was there during the war. He was an amazing person who had great stories.

A very emotional experience and would do it again and again.