High tea

dm9102

Haha, yes you are right. Pudding over here is often used as an alternative word for dessert. So someone might ask "what's for pudding?" However there are also desserts that are actually named 'puddings' like Christmas pudding, sticky toffee pudding etc. So I imagine it must be quite confusing for non-Brits, especially as I believe pudding in the US is a different type of dessert to our puddings.

Haha, yes you are right. Pudding over here is often used as an alternative word for dessert. So someone might ask "what's for pudding?" However there are also desserts that are actually named 'puddings' like Christmas pudding, sticky toffee pudding etc. So I imagine it must be quite confusing for non-Brits, especially as I believe pudding in the US is a different type of dessert to our puddings.

We have the pudding club over here as well as the usual puddings

Sent from my E5823 using Forums mobile app

I don't remember ever seeing it on Royal Caribbean. I did see it on Carnival :o. They tried to make it into this nice thing, but in reality, it was just tea in the dining room with scones. It wasn't very highly attended and I could see them cutting it out.

I hope they don't cut it out. It has always been very busy on the ships I have sailed on especially the transatlantics. Not just scones with cream , also cucumber sandwiches,open-faced smoked salmon sandwiches ,little cakes and pastries and best of all tea in teapots. Only on sea days though and usually held in the MDR as very popular.

My last cruise on Celebrity they did have afternoon tea once by special invitation for elites. Big deal.