Voom daily

thefog

• 3 weeks later...

Related question to avoid creating a new thread: I purchased the week-long package ahead of time. When I get to the ship and connect to the wifi, what information will I need to be able to log into it my pre-paid package?

Thanks in advance.

Related question to avoid creating a new thread: I purchased the week-long package ahead of time. When I get to the ship and connect to the wifi, what information will I need to be able to log into it my pre-paid package?

Thanks in advance.

You will get an access code when you check-in.

I know I said thanks in advance, but... thanks :). So I'll get it at the same time they give me my SeaPass card?

Usually. Once we had to wait until we got into our stateroom to get the access code.

• 1 month later...

So here was my experience with Voom on Liberty of the Seas:

The card with my access code was waiting for me in the room in the same envelope as my excursion tickets. The first day the surf and stream worked well - I was watching Netflix. From that day on, surfing *never* worked again, and there were 3 days where I couldn't connect to the internet from my laptop at all. The times I COULD connect I was not able to upload photos to Facebook or Messenger. My only "tip" would be that the RC Online room on deck 8 never seemed to be busy, and if you buy the package you have bought unlimited access to that room (same access code gets you on those computers). During the week they took 2 or 3 tries to connect and were painfully slow, but they worked.

I was told by a friend who cruised Harmony of the Seas that the internet was much better on that ship - just passing along unverified 3rd-party information.

Hope this is helpful,

DTXCF

My only "tip" would be that the RC Online room on deck 8 never seemed to be busy, and if you buy the package you have bought unlimited access to that room (same access code gets you on those computers). .

I was told by a friend who cruised Harmony of the Seas that the internet was much better on that ship - just passing along unverified 3rd-party information.

You don't need to buy VOOM to use the RCOnline PCs - as with any other device, you have access to RCI related sites without paying for VOOM. I never saw any performance difference between an RCOnline PC and a private device.

Yes, Harmony has O3B internet, which has much performance than the system on Liberty.

So here was my experience with Voom on Liberty of the Seas:

The card with my access code was waiting for me in the room in the same envelope as my excursion tickets. The first day the surf and stream worked well - I was watching Netflix. From that day on, surfing *never* worked again, and there were 3 days where I couldn't connect to the internet from my laptop at all. The times I COULD connect I was not able to upload photos to Facebook or Messenger. My only "tip" would be that the RC Online room on deck 8 never seemed to be busy, and if you buy the package you have bought unlimited access to that room (same access code gets you on those computers). During the week they took 2 or 3 tries to connect and were painfully slow, but they worked.

Hope this is helpful,

DTXCF

My experience with Voom on Liberty was quite a bit different. I was given my access code at check-in, with my SeaPass card. It worked great, albeit slower than on Anthem, the entire week. Only had a couple of brief connection issues. Uploaded pictures just fine. Did a video chat with my daughter, as well as a few WiFi voice calls.

Having access to the computers in the lounge was also handy, as you mentioned. My wife completed an assignment for her class one afternoon, and I printed boarding passes for our flights home.

Satellite internet can definitely be a fickle thing.

A quick question: What are they calling it to get access to one of RC's computers on board?

Any idea of costs for this?

There's no cost to use the RCOnline PCs - the VOOM package costs the same whether you use their PC or your own device.

There's no cost to use the RCOnline PCs - the VOOM package costs the same whether you use their PC or your own device.

In my (limited) experience, you needed an access code or username/password to use the internet on those PC's. Royal's own websites being the exception.

In my (limited) experience, you needed an access code or username/password to use the internet on those PC's. Royal's own websites being the exception.

I said there's no cost to use them, which what the poster was wondering - I didn't say you'd also get free internet. Yes, to access sites other than RCI related, you need a login.

• 11 months later...
Anyone sailed on Liberty or any other RC ship and used the internet recently? Any other testimonials or updates?

At last report, Liberty had the faster O3b service, so that is as good as it gets on an RC cruise ship.

• 1 month later...

For whatever value it provides to this thread, I just got off a 1-week cruise on Liberty and had problems with the internet for a grand total of about 5 minutes. I only bought the surf package (wasn't interested in watching Netflix on the ship). I was able to browse the internet just fine, not blazing fast but certainly fine, I was able to upload photos and videos to Facebook, and I was even able to DOWNLOAD videos from YouTube (using those freeware online downloaders).

I did have several people in my group complain that the internet was a joke. Last year, *I* was one of those complaining it was a joke while others told me they had no issues, so perhaps there is an element of luck.

Hope this helps

DTXCF