Constellation "obstructed view"

andrea2609

Hi cruisers, I just booked a cruise on Constellation, 9 days sailing from Venice in August.. CAN'T WAIT!

My DW and I chose a balcony stateroom but the only possible option was a "guaranteed balcony sea view" (I'm not sure if I'm translating this properly, but you got what I meant, right?)

My TA told me that the view could be obstructed (on the other hand, we could enjoy an upgrading, as well)...

Any of you had experienced this before, on this ship (or same class)?

How "obstructed " can be the view (category C and D, I was told)...

Any picture to share??

I would be glad to pay few more €€ and choose the stateroom,but unfortunately this seems to be the only option at the moment, to get a balcony room.....

Thanks for your help!!!!

Inviato dal mio iPad utilizzando Tapatalk

Hi cruisers, I just booked a cruise on Constellation, 9 days sailing from Venice in August.. CAN'T WAIT!

My DW and I chose a balcony stateroom but the only possible option was a "guaranteed balcony sea view" (I'm not sure if I'm translating this properly, but you got what I meant, right?)

My TA told me that the view could be obstructed (on the other hand, we could enjoy an upgrading, as well)...

Any of you had experienced this before, on this ship (or same class)?

How "obstructed " can be the view (category C and D, I was told)...

Any picture to share??

I would be glad to pay few more €€ and choose the stateroom,but unfortunately this seems to be the only option at the moment, to get a balcony room.....

Thanks for your help!!!!

Usually the obstructed views have to do with one of the lifeboat or tenders in front of your balcony. The tenders (cat D) are much larger than the lifeboats (cat C) which block your view up to a higher level of your balcony but they mostly prevent you from looking straight down onto the water and you will still be able to see outward.

At least on the S Class, I would never hesitate to stay in one of these categories ... I actually knowingly choose one as they can save you a ton of money and I love being located on deck 6.

Just remember, if they assign your room and there are other rooms that are a bit more desirable within the same category, you may be able to switch to one of those.

Usually the obstructed views have to do with one of the lifeboat or tenders in front of your balcony. The tenders (cat D) are much larger than the lifeboats (cat C) which block your view up to a higher level of your balcony but they mostly prevent you from looking straight down onto the water and you will still be able to see outward.

At least on the S Class, I would never hesitate to stay in one of these categories ... I actually knowingly choose one as they can save you a ton of money and I love being located on deck 6.

Just remember, if they assign your room and there are other rooms that are a bit more desirable within the same category, you may be able to switch to one of those.

Thanks a lot for the advice!

I think your TA is confusing S class and M class. M class (Connie) does not have the balconies obstructed by lifeboats. They are located well below the floors of the Deck 6 balconies, although they obstruct the view if trying to look straight down. But this same view is obstructed on deck 7, 8, 9... Sometimes there is a minor obstruction by the location of the window washing equipment.

This is the view from the balcony of 6030 on Summit:

BG-79.jpgEM

Another view from 7049

Summit17049_zpsqe3eybyu.jpg

I think your TA is confusing S class and M class. M class (Connie) does not have the balconies obstructed by lifeboats. They are located well below the floors of the Deck 6 balconies, although they obstruct the view if trying to look straight down. But this same view is obstructed on deck 7, 8, 9... Sometimes there is a minor obstruction by the location of the window washing equipment.

This is the view from the balcony of 6030 on Summit:

BG-79.jpgEM

Another view from 7049

Summit17049_zpsqe3eybyu.jpg

Thanks, this was also very helpful.