Hotel in Seattle for Before/After Cruise

Hello,

We will be on the Vision of the Seas on 5/26/06 sailing to Alaska. Does anyone have any suggestions for a hotel for the night before and the night after the cruise? We would prefer a hotel that offers a shuttle service to and from the airport and also to and from the cruise ship. It would be nice to have a hotel that is close to restaurants and to Pike's Market and the Space Needle.

Thanks,

MinnieCruiser

Hello MinnieCruiser:

I am not aware of any hotel in the downtown Seattle area that offers shuttle service from the airport. The only hotel that I have heard that offers any type of shuttle service to the piers is the Silver Cloud on Lake Union, which is close many places to eat.

Below is one of the previous threads that has more information.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=133832

Please let me know if you need additional information.

Hello MinnieCruiser:

I am not aware of any hotel in the downtown Seattle area that offers shuttle service from the airport. The only hotel that I have heard that offers any type of shuttle service to the piers is the Silver Cloud on Lake Union, which is close many places to eat.

Below is one of the previous threads that has more information.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=133832

Please let me know if you need additional information.

Hello,

We will be on the Vision of the Seas on 5/26/06 sailing to Alaska. Does anyone have any suggestions for a hotel for the night before and the night after the cruise? We would prefer a hotel that offers a shuttle service to and from the airport and also to and from the cruise ship. It would be nice to have a hotel that is close to restaurants and to Pike's Market and the Space Needle.

Thanks,

MinnieCruiser

Minnie,

The Edgewater Inn is the closest to the cruise ships (It's on its own dock) Pier 67, 2411 Alaskan Way

Seattle, WA 98121

800-346-8357

Try this link to view the hotel: http://www.expedia.com/pub/agent.dll?qscr=dspv&&itid=&itdx=&itty=&from=f

It is within a one-half mile radius of the Seattle World Trade Center, Myrtle Edwards Park, Pike Place Market and the Space Needle. Seattle-Tacoma International Airport is 17 miles from the hotel.

If you want to eat a great dinner or lunch go to "The Pink Door" It is an Italian restaurant. It is located in the Pike Place Market about midway. There is an entrance on Post Alley. Go throught the door and down some stairs right into the restaurant. We've been there a few times. But not in the last year.

You'll have to do a web search to find out how to locate it or ask at the hotel you will be staying at. The restaurant does NOT have a sign saying where it is located you just have to know.

By the way the door to the restaurant isn't pink, the trim around it is though.

We stayed at the Sixth Street Inn. Nothing spectacular, but it was clean and in walking distance of everything... space needle, Pikes, and the pier.It was really inexpensive. We took a cab to the Pier when we were there last year.It's only about 6 blocks, so I think it cost us about $5. We grabbed a bite to eat at the funkiest little pub. Can't remember the name, but it had the word Bell in it.The food was outstanding! It was just a short walk from the hotel.From the Airport, we took a shuttle that ran us about $25

my family and I are on the Vision about a month after you. I also used to live in Seattle. We are staying at the Silver Cloud on Lake Union. None of the downtown hotels will have a shuttle from the airport. It will run about $30 from the airport and some hotels will have downtown shuttles. The Silver Cloud where we will stay has a cont breakfast, pools and hottubs, plus offeer free transportation to downtown and marketplace and piers every 30 min. for the pier you have to sign up. We got a AAA of 129 and we are stay 3 nights prior and 1 night after.

Lexi

Archived