Booked early saver, price drop with exclusive VIFP rate

ski_mom

I booked a few weeks ago under "Early Saver Exclusive VIFP Club Offer" for a cruise in July. The rate included a $50 OBC per cabin booked. I logged in today to check prices and there is a rate under "Exclusive VIFP Club Rates" that is $200 cheaper per cabin, it doesn't include the OBC, but would still save $150 per cabin (we have 3 booked).

I called my PVP and she got us the lower rates, but I forgot to ask her if we still have the Early Saver terms? Our final payment is due on 5/8/17, so I know I can get drops until then, but since our new lower rate is not early saver, do we get possible drops after final payment still?

I hope that makes sense :).

Thanks!

Once Early Saver, always Early Saver. You can price match to any rate (with the exception of Super Saver, which is very restrictive).

You could call back and confirm that somebody who didn't know any better punched something in to mess it up, but you should still be Early Saver and can price match to a resident rate or a senior rate or anything else you qualify for and still be Early Saver.

I always use the words "price match" or "price adjustment" and/or write that on the form just to be thorough.

I asked the same question this past weekend to a Carnival representative because I was able to get a cheaper rate with the exclusive VIFP rate. She told me that I am still considered early saver.

As cruzcrazy indicated above you didn't book at another rate, you price matched to another rate. You are still bound by all terms and conditions of Early Saver.

The only exception I have ever read about is that some people have said on a one-time only basis they were allowed to change to a "guaranteed" rate if they wanted to give up their cabin choice to be in the guarantee pool. If Carnival allows that you lose Early Saver rating and can no longer price match.

So if I was booked Early Saver and paid in full with my choice of room and senior rate is cheaper and they chose the room...can I keep my same room?

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forums mobile app

My understanding is you have to price match by room category... not balcony to balcony but 2c balcony to 2c balcony.... so a non-2c rate (as in a guarantee) won't be eligible for price matching.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums