Afternoon Tea in London

drdaddy

Only problem with the Hand and Flowers at Marlow is getting a table. It cannot be used, except for a pre-booking . At present at weekends this is 3 to 6 months in advance.

It's exceptional and the chef/ owner Tom Kerridge is a TV chef and well known on the food circuit.

Don't just show up! Marlow has lots of charm as a small Thames Valley riverside location, along with nearby Henley-on-Thames and there are quite a few good eating locations, but on a summers day most will be very busy.

A different trip from London, about an hour drive, away from the big city, well worth a day. But maybe I am biased having lived in Thames Valley for 30 years.

• 10 months later...

Just wondering, would it be unbelievably crass to ask for iced tea? I just don't like hot or warm drinks, I drink my earl gray iced all year round.

Or maybe I should just stick with champagne?

Thanks!,

Vic

Edited by Victress2007

Just wondering, would it be unbelievably crass to ask for iced tea? I just don't like hot or warm drinks, I drink my earl gray iced all year round.

Or maybe I should just stick with champagne?

There's never anything wrong with just sticking to champagne. :D

If you go to a posh hotel like Browns or the others which have been mentioned here, I would expect them to accommodate a request for iced tea without even a hint of an issue.

I don't drink tea, just coffee and there is never a problem not having tea. Champagne or prosecco afternoon tea is very normal.

If you are going to a nice hotel or expensive place, iced tea should be fine, but it's not something that is very popular in UK.

Sent from my iPad using Forums