San Juan 2018

Does anyone know why there are no sailings out of San Juan between May 2018 - Nov 2018? Or am I just not looking in the right place? I know that they are moving the Jewel and the Adventure to different locations during that time, but I at least thought that they would have other ships taking their place.

I've been trying all day to access the booking calendar and haven't been able to get in, the site goes down for me every time I try. I got an email that said they've opened up 2018-19 for northeastern sailings, so maybe they just haven't put everything up for the Caribbean sailings yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Does anyone know why there are no sailings out of San Juan between May 2018 - Nov 2018? Or am I just not looking in the right place? I know that they are moving the Jewel and the Adventure to different locations during that time, but I at least thought that they would have other ships taking their place.

I've been trying all day to access the booking calendar and haven't been able to get in, the site goes down for me every time I try. I got an email that said they've opened up 2018-19 for northeastern sailings, so maybe they just haven't put everything up for the Caribbean sailings yet.

I spoke to my CVP this morning about the exact same thing. He said there were no sailings out of Puerto Rico during this time. :mad::mad::mad:

Haven't been released yet...

Those will be Freedom, and for whatever reason, they are not releasing Freedom cruises yet.

Those will be Freedom, and for whatever reason, they are not releasing Freedom cruises yet.

I hope you're right Bob. The guy I talked to this morning was pretty adamant that there was nothing from Puerto Rico nor was there any ship going to the ABC islands during that time. I'm ready to book another cruise line....:eek:....but I'll wait to see if Freedom comes through.

I hope you're right Bob. The guy I talked to this morning was pretty adamant that there was nothing from Puerto Rico nor was there any ship going to the ABC islands during that time. I'm ready to book another cruise line....:eek:....but I'll wait to see if Freedom comes through.

It is true that there are no ABC stops on the new Jewel itineraries. I don't understand that. That (and the absurd JS prices on Jewel) is why we've skipped booking a 2019 cruise out of San Juan.

While not out of San Juan which we loved stopping at and would love to start a cruise there, I did see Serenade is stopping in the ABCs on some longer cruise and I think Navigator is doing roughly the same schedule.

Bob, we're looking at one of the long Serenade sailings but haven't been on anything smaller than Navigator. How did you like Jewel and The whole class?

While not out of San Juan which we loved stopping at and would love to start a cruise there, I did see Serenade is stopping in the ABCs on some longer cruise and I think Navigator is doing roughly the same schedule.

Bob, we're looking at one of the long Serenade sailings but haven't been on anything smaller than Navigator. How did you like Jewel and The whole class?

We enjoy Vision and Radiance class very much. Fewer guests, covered Solarium, Park Cafe, views outside from virtually every public venue. Best to try for yourself. I used to really enjoy the Royal Promenade, but it is so clogged with kiosks, tables, crap for sale, etc., it's not as pleasant as it used to be.

We enjoy Vision and Radiance class very much. Fewer guests, covered Solarium, Park Cafe, views outside from virtually every public venue. Best to try for yourself. I used to really enjoy the Royal Promenade, but it is so clogged with kiosks, tables, crap for sale, etc., it's not as pleasant as it used to be.

Glad to hear you say that because that's exactly why we're looking to go smaller. We still love Freedom and I'm excited for Navigator this year but I'm seeing the longer cruises on the smaller ships tend to be a lot more laid back and less crowded which is exactly what we're moving towards.

Cruise Critic doesn't seem to be allowing the web site www. address. So if you right click on the following, it will take you to google:

PDF]View Freedom of the Seas' entire deployment here - Royal Caribbean ...

Then choose "Royal Caribbean to relocate Freedom of the Seas to San Juan . . ."

Hope this helps.

Happy sailing,

Suzy B

Cruise Critic doesn't seem to be allowing the web site www. address. So if you right click on the following, it will take you to google:

PDF]View Freedom of the Seas' entire deployment here - Royal Caribbean ...

Then choose "Royal Caribbean to relocate Freedom of the Seas to San Juan . . ."

Hope this helps.

Happy sailing,

Suzy B

They don't seem to be allowing the PDF either, oh well. I will take your word for it. I'm really exited that the Freedom is moving there because I've wanted to sail her, but was uninterested in her current route.

It sounds like they have released the information regarding where the ships will be deployed, but haven't actually opened up the bookings. I will keep my eyes out for them to open and I plan to book asap!

They don't seem to be allowing the PDF either, oh well. I will take your word for it. I'm really exited that the Freedom is moving there because I've wanted to sail her, but was uninterested in her current route.

It sounds like they have released the information regarding where the ships will be deployed, but haven't actually opened up the bookings. I will keep my eyes out for them to open and I plan to book asap!

It opened up Thursday Afternoon. I was able to put June 23rd on hold that night and booked a different cabin yesterday after more consideration. **But in order to do all this, I had to clear my history to even see it! and restart my computer. So Weird. But I was able to search and book after.

It opened up Thursday Afternoon. I was able to put June 23rd on hold that night and booked a different cabin yesterday after more consideration. **But in order to do all this, I had to clear my history to even see it! and restart my computer. So Weird. But I was able to search and book after.

Thank you! I have been looking everyday on my cell phone browser and it wasn't showing up. I just logged in to my computer and there it was. I was able to book Freedom for next June, in the Ben and Jerry Sweet, yay!! I'm very excited to get to sail this ship on the southern route. I'm sure I missed out on a cheaper price on Thursday but it probably wasn't by much so that's ok.

The one bummer that I noticed is that. Bonaire is no longer on the route list, so no more ABC (Aruba Bonaire Curaçao) sailings.