White water rafting in Denali

JP-Cruise

We arrived around 4:00 in the afternoon and they did offer it at 6:00 p.m. (We had the Wilderness Tour for 8 hours the following day). We didn't sign up for it because the forecast was for strong thunderstorms (not just rain). We had to sign up for it the previous day, so with that forecast, we didn't sign up. I was disappointed, but other than that (and our tour guide for the land portion) our trip was amazing.

Thanks! Mr Ski really wants to do this and will be major disappointed if he doesn't get to do it.

My husband and another couple just did it last week. They booked it through Princess and it was the one where everyone paddles. They float right past the lodge too :-) Its called Nenana River Paddle Rafting on the excursions listing. Hubby waited until the day of to see what the weather was like and since it was sunny and warm he asked at the tour desk and there was still a space available. It was suggested to wear long sleeves and pants so the rubber from the dry suit is more comfortable. They said it was a blast. The guide asked the group who were the strongest paddlers so my hubby and our other companion sat in front. Got very wet! Hope you have a great time. My friend and sat on the deck at the lodge with a glass of wine and waved to them as they went by.

My husband and another couple just did it last week. They booked it through Princess and it was the one where everyone paddles. They float right past the lodge too :-) Its called Nenana River Paddle Rafting on the excursions listing. Hubby waited until the day of to see what the weather was like and since it was sunny and warm he asked at the tour desk and there was still a space available. It was suggested to wear long sleeves and pants so the rubber from the dry suit is more comfortable. They said it was a blast. The guide asked the group who were the strongest paddlers so my hubby and our other companion sat in front. Got very wet! Hope you have a great time. My friend and sat on the deck at the lodge with a glass of wine and waved to them as they went by.

Thanks for the info!

So we are on a Celebrity Land/Cruse tour 5B, trust it will be the same as RCI.

What river outfitter did you go with? Seems I can find about 5 of them in that neck of the woods and one does not have many reviews so I've got concerns.

Did you get overnighted in Denali Parke Village? How do you get around?

Thanks much!

We were living for almost a year near Breckenridge, Co- so that is the area we did the rafting on the III-V's. Our Alaska adventure in not until July 28 can't wait. But we did love our rafting experience- think we did 3 times that summer- have to do it again. I will probably go with the one they recommend on our cruise tour. We will be 2 nights in Denali Park Village.

Fran

We were living for almost a year near Breckenridge, Co- so that is the area we did the rafting on the III-V's. Our Alaska adventure in not until July 28 can't wait. But we did love our rafting experience- think we did 3 times that summer- have to do it again. I will probably go with the one they recommend on our cruise tour. We will be 2 nights in Denali Park Village.

Fran

Leaving for my Alaskan adventure tomorrow morning. Can't believe it's finally here! I will let you know how the rafting is at Denali park village when I come back :) take care

JP

Leaving for my Alaskan adventure tomorrow morning. Can't believe it's finally here! I will let you know how the rafting is at Denali park village when I come back :) take care

JP

Thanks JP- have safe travels and a wonderful trip. Any restaurant suggestions also!! Can't wait- we have 3 weeks and 2 days (but who's counting!!). By the was I want the rafting trip with paddling by the us-not the guide who paddles.

Fran

Thanks JP- have safe travels and a wonderful trip. Any restaurant suggestions also!! Can't wait- we have 3 weeks and 2 days (but who's counting!!). By the was I want the rafting trip with paddling by the us-not the guide who paddles.

Fran

Will definitely let you know about the restaurants, and don't worry. I am also doing the one where we do the paddling? Not the guide doing all the work, where's the fun in that??! haha. Unless of course you physically are unable, that's a different story

• 2 weeks later...
Will definitely let you know about the restaurants, and don't worry. I am also doing the one where we do the paddling? Not the guide doing all the work, where's the fun in that??! haha. Unless of course you physically are unable, that's a different story

Just came back from my land/cruise tour. I forgot what white water rafting vendor I was with but rafting on the nenana river was an absolutely incredible experience! Definitely a highlight! The guide was so much fun and so nice! The paddling is not hard at all and just an incredible thrill from start to finish! In between the rapids there were times when we just floated calmly and took in the amazing views and landscapes! I highly highly recommend this. My only regret is not sitting in the very front of the raft :(. Oh well, definitely next time. And if there is anyone worried about falling out. It is actually impossible to fall out of you just watch your body movements, keep your butt on that seat and your foot lodged inside the bottom raft opening. You'll know what I'm talking about when you try it.