Cheers Question - Turning 21 mid-cruise

tlvh72

My husband and I will be purchasing the Cheers package. Our son will be 20 years old when we sail, but will turn 21 mid-way through the cruise. Does anyone know if he will also have to purchase Cheers? Is the requirement to purchase based on your age the day of sailing?

My daughter will turn 21 on our 3rd day cruising also, and I asked about this when I booked our cruise. I was told at that time you can purchase, the new 21 year old will not be able to use until their birthday (obviously) but you have to pay for the package for the entire cruise. That sounds weird to me, and since we were only mildly interested I didn't pursue any further. Luckily she and her siblings are in one cabin and hubby and I are in another so it didn't affect our ability to purchase Cheers for ourselves. :halo::D:cool:

Hope this helps! If you find out more information, please share because again I didn't feel like the information provided by the Carnival agent I spoke with seemed accurate.

I just called the Fun Shops and was told my son cannot purchase Cheers because he will not be 21 on the day we sail. This is a relief! I don't think he will really drink very much at all so I didn't want to waste that money. Plus I really don't need him having a few pass to drink for a week!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I can't answer your question about the cheers package but my daughter turned 21 in the middle of our last cruise. We took her to the red frog pub at 12:01 a.m. the day of her birthday, swiped her card, and was able to get her a drink. Ages are programed in, so you don't need to carry a license or do anything special to prove age.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Forums mobile app

We will be in Roatan on his 21st birthday so there will be some cocktails enjoyed there I'm sure!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We were in Roatan a few years ago and was informed that there minimum drinking age is 15 :eek: .