FCC Question

We had this happen to us last year and the certificate was never mailed. Luckily I followed up with a phone call to RC. They took care of it over the phone for me. I even offered to email them the proof from the ship but said it wasn't necessary. All I can say is call and keep calling until you are satisfied!

Good Luck,

Teri

• 2 weeks later...
I Received a 20% FCC letter on NV due to a flood in our room. Does anyone have any Idea how long it tales for RCI to mail or email the certificate?
Received the Certificate today by email 24 days after departing the ship. Has anyone used one while doing an onboard booking?.

Received the Certificate today by email 24 days after departing the ship. Has anyone used one while doing an onboard booking?.

Not directly onboard, but have used one with a Next Cruise certificate, and was able to combine the NC OBC.

Not directly onboard, but have used one with a Next Cruise certificate, and was able to combine the NC OBC.
Thanks

I do not think they can be used as a deposit. You will have to make your reservation on board and then submit your FCC towards future payment of that cruise
I Says right on it that it can't be used as a deposit. So I'll just make a booking onboard and see what happens.

I kept waiting for mine to show up and after three months they never did. I called RCCL and she gave me the certificate numbers over the phone, which I passed on to my TA who will apply them at final deposit.

Keep in mind you only have a certain amount of time to use them, ours were one year from date of cancellation.

As pointed out they can't be used for deposit. The FCC are also issued in a specific name so they have to be used by that person.

Question on FCC's - we got one from our last cruise and applied it to a sailing in January 2018. I noticed that there had been a price drop and called to have it applied. They told me the only way to apply the price drop would void the FCC and they couldn't reapply. Is this true? If so, it would be best to wait until just before final payment to apply, just wish I would have known that going in.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Question on FCC's - we got one from our last cruise and applied it to a sailing in January 2018. I noticed that there had been a price drop and called to have it applied. They told me the only way to apply the price drop would void the FCC and they couldn't reapply. Is this true? If so, it would be best to wait until just before final payment to apply, just wish I would have known that going in.

That's a new one for me. We had an FCC some years back, and we were able to get a price drop without voiding the FCC. I suppose it could be a policy change, but I'd call back and take it to resolutions before I give up on the price drop.

I have never heard of that either. I would do like Bob suggests and call back again

That's a new one for me. We had an FCC some years back, and we were able to get a price drop without voiding the FCC. I suppose it could be a policy change, but I'd call back and take it to resolutions before I give up on the price drop.

Will do - thanks Bob!