Ncl escape studio room blow dryer

lv2travel98

Will be sailing on the Escape May 20, 2017. First time in a studio room and first time on the Escape. Just wondering what the blow dryers are like in the room. I would love to be able to leave mine home this time!!! Really looking forward to staying in a Studio. and being on the Escape! Any hints, suggestions or must do's on the ship???:cool:

Thanks!

They are cheap, powerful, and will blow your hair into a frizzy mess. :)

Make sure you look into all the weird storage slots before assuming you don't have one. If not, just call housekeeping or leave a note for your steward, and one will appear.

Oh, and you asked more questions I can answer.

I liked the studio lounge on Escape (bigger and better seating than GA). Unfortunately I got bad noro on Escape halfway through and couldn't enjoy most of the cruise. (I was very, very sick.) Before then, I did like food republic. I loved After Midnight. Couldn't stand the Brat Pack (broke my heart the way they turned the John Hughes movies into this raunchy Porky's thing full of "teens" in their underwear. Ick.) The brew house place seemed like a nice place to chill. Thermal suite was a step up from GA. Buffet food was good to very good, until I ate the wrong thing. Didn't eat for a few days after that. :(

For some reason the studio area doors are often propped open on both floors, and one of the deck 11 doors doesn't close right on its own. So non solos including kids tend to wander through all the time. One thing I prefer about GA. But Escape's studios have the colored mood lighting. Win some, lose some. :)

There are definitely blowdryers in studio cabins. I find it in one of the drawers by the sink. I can't speak about the quality though. I would suggest going to the solo traveler get together the first night. I stumbled upon it by accident, but i was fun meeting others and I was able to find a group to eat dinner with. My biggest fear was that I'd eat alone every night, but that only happened when I ate alone by choice.

I also second the suggestion of Food Republic. I ate there twice. It's an upcharge, but very reasonable and worth every penny. I also really enjoyed Tepanyaki. Lastly, if you can get to the port early, I recommend getting a Vibe pass. It was nice to get to know a small group really well throughout the week.

I hope you're not in cabin 12561 because I had problems with the toilet all week. Plumbers came up 3 times and it still wasn't working properly.

I don't know if the hair dryers are any different in the studio rooms than the other rooms, but I had no problems with the dryer that was there. It was more like a normal hair dryer than those little hotel ones. I normally always take my own because I hate hotel dryers, but I wanted to save room on packing. Although, I always flat iron my hair after I dry it anyway and my hair gets crazy frizzy in any kind of humidity, so it's hard to say if it was from the dryer or just the climate.