Oasis/Port Canaveral to Disney World

pa6860

Hello. We are planning on going straight to Animal Kingdom after our cruise to check out the new Pandora! We basically only have Until noonish to enjoy the park, so we want to get off the ship relatively early.So I'm trying to plan when to time/reserve my fastpasses.

We will have a car parked in the parking garage.

So my questions: when do you think is a realistic time we should expect to arrive at AK if:

1. We self disembark (assuming we get in line at 7:00), vs.....

2. We do regular disembark but ask for first off the ship after the self-disembark is done?

I ask because I've read that for self disembark 100's of people are getting in line before 6am, which will be a little tough with 6 kids in our party...

Thanks!

I can hardly envision a scenario where you would have more than 3 hours in the park.

Given that you want to visit a NEW attraction ... the QUEUE for this attraction can exceed that wait time.

I don't know your specific circumstance but from my reading you would be paying a FULL DAY ticket for a Disney park ($100+) and parking, to experience ONE ride which you might not even get on ....

add to this 6 kids and IMO ... you're kidding aren't you?

If you get through customs by 9:00a, you will not be walking into the theme park until at least 10:30a. There's no way I would pay the small fortune that Disney charges for a one-day ticket to spend less than 2 hours in the park.

I can hardly envision a scenario where you would have more than 3 hours in the park.

Given that you want to visit a NEW attraction ... the QUEUE for this attraction can exceed that wait time.

I don't know your specific circumstance but from my reading you would be paying a FULL DAY ticket for a Disney park ($100+) and parking, to experience ONE ride which you might not even get on ....

add to this 6 kids and IMO ... you're kidding aren't you?

I hear ya CaptBJ!

Actually, we all have annual passes, I can reserve fastpasses ahead of time, and don't mind spending just a few hours in the park as we'll be back again in a few months.

We actually have til 2pm, so with FP's we should get in one pandora ride, expedition Everest, and the safari. That will be well worth the time for us:).

Thanks for your comments folks. I appreciate your concerns, and yes, it would definitely be crazy to do what we are planning! But I think with annual passes and FP reservations, we'll still have a great time :)!

Does anyone know how long it takes to disembark Oasis if we self disembark at 7am vs, being first group called off ship (the group immediately after self disembark)?

Thanks!

1. we were just on Oasis in March. The self-disembark ran until about 7:45. We had GREEN 2 tags ( first off after self-disembark) and were called at about then.

2. with a porter's help, we were in the parking garage at 8:00.

3. you know the rest of the story regarding traffic/fog/smoke on 528, customs hold ups, late arrivals, etc.

4. Without any of those unforseen delays, I'd bet you'd be able to get to AK by 9:30 if you hustle.

1. we were just on Oasis in March. The self-disembark ran until about 7:45. We had GREEN 2 tags ( first off after self-disembark) and were called at about then.

2. with a porter's help, we were in the parking garage at 8:00.

3. you know the rest of the story regarding traffic/fog/smoke on 528, customs hold ups, late arrivals, etc.

4. Without any of those unforseen delays, I'd bet you'd be able to get to AK by 9:30 if you hustle.

Thank you so much audome78!!!!!

That's so helpful, I appreciate your input!

It looks like it took you 15 min to get off the ship, get luggage, and clear customs. Does getting a porter expedite things or get you through quicker than without a porter?

Thanks!

Thank you so much audome78!!!!!

That's so helpful, I appreciate your input!

It looks like it took you 15 min to get off the ship, get luggage, and clear customs. Does getting a porter expedite things or get you through quicker than without a porter?

Thanks!

Absolutely. The porters have their own line at customs. I would guess that we avoided a line that was at least 200 people long. We always use porters...and they will take your bags right out to your waiting car and put them in, also. Marvelous time saver.

I never knew! I always thought the porters had to stay in line with you (and the 100's of other people). Had no idea they had their own quicker line.

Thanks for the tips! I'll definitely take advantage of that on our cruise.

That's why I love CC so much :)