Norwegian Jade - Embarkation Day Dining Lunch Options

CaptPrincess

Leaving on the Jade April 23rd. Very excited! Only my 2nd cruise with NCL. Was wondering if there are any alternative dining options for lunch on Embarkation day other than just the buffet? Any info is welcomed! Thanks!!! So exciting!!!!!:D

I took my mom with me last year to Alaska and after the first day we never went back to the buffet even though she does not like to have long lunches or breakfast because it was just to hard to get her food and then get mine ...

In fact, it is highly recommended to go to breakfast and lunch at the mdr since the buffet during the peak hours will be a mad house....

unless you really seek variety during every meal...

also consider buying like a "fast food" tray and storing it in your luggage just so you have the means of carrying food back to whereever you want...thanks

I have read many post about the MDR's and other sit down venues no matter the day, meal or ship about being a long time between being waited on and finishing. However, many of the post, granted not all, also seem to have kids dining with them. Yes 1 1/2 to 2 hours can be a long time to dine with kids along, however for others a nice leisurely meal is part of the experience.