Grand Princess EXTRAS?

CastMember 02

Hi guys, doing the 10 day alaska RT san francisco, are there any special events we should be aware of? sucha s a white party, or dress up parties that you have done? I know there is 2 formal nights so we got that down but otherwise any help is appreciated

I wouldn't expect theme parties, but don't miss the delicious and free pizza both in Alfredo's in the Piazza, and on the Lido. Vines is great for wine and snacks​, and Leaves for tea and snacks and games. Sabatinis on Grand will have been newly revamped and worth a visit. Enjoy the lovely Grand!

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Hi guys, doing the 10 day alaska RT san francisco, are there any special events we should be aware of? sucha s a white party, or dress up parties that you have done? I know there is 2 formal nights so we got that down but otherwise any help is appreciated

We are also doing the 10 Day RT San Fran. We leave in August. We are really looking forward to the new menu in Sabatinis and enjoying the Grand.

Hi guys, doing the 10 day Alaska RT San Francisco, are there any special events we should be aware of? such as a white party, or dress up parties that you have done? I know there is 2 formal nights so we got that down but otherwise any help is appreciated

No special parties or events that request special dress. Princess runs what they call cruise classics, such as C&W night, Disco Night, Rock & Roll Night. These are 60 to 90 mins of dance. Very few, if any passengers dress special for these events. There could be one, two, three or maybe none of these on your cruise. It is up to the entertainment staff what they do.

Check these threads for possible Princess Patters for that cruise.

They may be last year's but they will give you an idea of daily activities.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2326335&highlight=patters

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2066581&highlight=patters

Thanks for the reply! There are 30 of us as a family reunion!

How great. We only had 11, but my favorite souvenir is a picture of us all on the staircase in the atrium on formal night. We arranged it with the photographic section for a time beforehand.

When are the formal nights. I would expect them to typically be on the same nights on all trips. We start with two sea days towards Ketchikan and end with one out of Victoria. I am guessing that the first formal night is on the 1st sea day and the last is the night we visit Victoria. Correct? Is there a third formal night? If so, when is it?

On our past 2 cruises 2015,2016 they had Discovery Channels Shark Week- there were special photo ops set up with the theme of Sharks and photo props plus some foam shark fin head hats. A Shark week special premiere film will be shown and games on the lido deck to go along with the theme. All this is announced in your Patter the night before.

On the Lido deck watch the Trident Grill to see what daily Crab/Fish special they will be cooking up to celebrate with(check the times as the line can be long and the snack meals are very good.)

If you are cruise does Glacier Bay I have seen them bring the mushing dogs puppies on board and also some more photo props and set up with pictures holding the fur babies.

Your group will have a blast be sure and do a photo at the aft of the ship around the Aft pool, GREAT PHOTO for large groups and an crew member will be happy to assist and even take a professional picture of everyone.

I agree that it might be nice to know of any theme nights in advance. Went on a cruise recently that had an eighties night. Would've been fun to dress for that, but we didn't know about it till we were on the cruise. If there's a C/W night I'd like to pack my boots!

Sent from my iPad using Forums