Back from Caribbean Princess Western - REVIEW with kids specific information

parkerlisa

Tak8 - Can you tell me what the video arcade is like on the Golden? Is it similar to the Grand's Voyage of Discovery area? Thanks so much! (It's one of the big reasons we picked this ship!) icon_wink.gif

--------------------------

'05-Golden Princess, West. European Capitals, '04-2 wk. land cruise to Wash. State, '04-Monarch of the Seas, '04-Coral Princess, '03-Monarch of the Seas, '02-Ecstasy, '02-Adventure of the Seas, '01-Radiance of the Seas, '01-Grand Princess, '00-Grand Princess, '99-Viking Serenade, '98-Elation

Lady Jag: I believe it is just like the Grand. It is called Voyage of Discovery and has a lot of video games both old Ms. Pac-Man, Air Hockey to the newer games. I have to admit that is the one thing that really disappoints me about the caribbean princess. How do you add a deck and cut the arcade. I am thinking about it or Zuiderdam. I like the Zuiderdam itinerary with Tortola better. The staff is friendlier and faster on Princess.

Parker,

Did you happen to save the kids patters? I have the 3-6 that will be on my website as soon as I can get a scanner (hopefully tomorrow), but having a them for a 7 and 10 y.o. would be great!

Thanks,

JON

www.geocities.com/pattersandmenus

Golden Princess Southern Caribbean-7/11/04

Click to go to the ROLL CALL!

Big Red Boat-1993

Celebrity Zenith-1993

Originally posted by WendyG:

Next time be prepared for the ripoff "braiders"

I never pay more than $1 per braid, and before they start you tell them how many you want.

My friend and I tok our daughters on a weekend cruise, (bahamas) and went off our separate ways.

Both girls had their hair braided the same way, my friend paid $60 and I paid $20.

They'll take you for whatever they can, just tell them what you are willing to pay and go from there!

------------------------------------------------

Here's a little something we have picked up after many a braided head. Bring your own comb!!! The comb's they use can be really gross. I usually donate the comb to them after they are finished.

CCL Inspiration Xmas 01

CCL Triumph July 4 02

CCL Destiny Thanksgiving 02

CCL Victory July 4 03

CCL Glory Aug 23 03

Golden Princess 06/27/04

RC Explorer 08/29/04

Hi Lisa,

I have a question for you........is Sabatini's not formal dress even on formal nights?? You stated that you ate there as an alternative to going to the dining rooms on formal night. This will be my first cruise on the Caribbean Princess in November and I really don't want to pack for formal nights. Great review, thank you for taking the time to post it.

Jodi

Lisa,

Loved reading your posting from the point of view of a family. Ironically, we are sailing in August with two girls - aged 7 and 10!! Most of my questions have already been answered in your review.

Last year we went on the Explorer of the Seas (the girls first cruise) and we went with family including two cousins. So, it worked out well for the kids club, the two older cousins were together and the two younger ones. This time, I notice that my two will be in different and no cousins. Might make a difference. But you think the older one may be able to down grade a group?

They LOVED the kids club and went at least twice a day, even if they only had an hour before we docked. We had late sitting and most of the time they would go to the Kids club for an hour, join us and then back up to the club as soon as they had finished eating. This meant that they only had to sit for about 45 minutes. Worked well.

Royal Caribbean was fantastic with the children, but Princess seems to have the same sort of activities so should be similar.

We are on the Diamond to Alaska, so not so much for the children to do in terms of beach activities, etc, but we have 3 weeks on the west coast first (Disney, San Francisco, etc) so the cooler air will probably be a relief!

Once again, good to read your review.

Tracey

(England)

Archived