First family cruise with 5

Hi guys

I'm looking at booking our first ever family cruise on the Explorer of the Seas in a Grand Suite and wondering if this is definitely a good option? I'm a little concerned about the size for all 5 of us and having the rollaway bed so just looking for advise on this?

Thanks

Brianna

You might be better looking at some of the family rooms. We had 6200 on Voyager (same as Explorer) and it was quite spacious. I will say however, there was only the two of us. It had the twin/king bed, a set of bunks in a small room (basically an alcove) and the sofabed. There was a lot of floor space as well.

Downside compared to Grand Suite is no balcony or Suite Perks. There are family balcony cabins and family suites if that is what you are after.

I have photos of my room if you would like to see them, just let me know on here.

Thanks for your response! I'm hoping the suite perks will be worth it....just found a few more reviews saying room was spacious enough even when the sofa bed was down for the kids so feeling a little better about it. Although I am still a little confused as to exactly what perks you get as many reviews mention more things than what RCI have on their website!

Thanks for your response! I'm hoping the suite perks will be worth it....just found a few more reviews saying room was spacious enough even when the sofa bed was down for the kids so feeling a little better about it. Although I am still a little confused as to exactly what perks you get as many reviews mention more things than what RCI have on their website!

Suite guests get access to the Concierge lounge as well as priority on many many things. This includes but is not limited to boarding, tendering, getting of the ship on port days, debarking, etc.

It also carries weight for specialty restaurants and activities as the concierge/butler will handle many of these things for you. Enjoy.

You have to call RCI direct as the website is hopeless for a booking with over 4 pax. The suite we have booked will allow up to 5 pax (you can see it on the website - but can only book for up to 4 online) but there is also a royal family suite that can have up to 8. I searched and searched for availability on the website for it but it never came up - I'm guessing they just don't put it on the website so you have to call (unless it was all booked up).

I didn't end up comparing to the cost of triple and twin - it must work out a bit more expensive but think it will be worth it for the suite perks (hubby absolutely hates queues so I think even with the kids we will definitely use the perks!)