Help finding tour guide/transport in Athens

jeast

I've recently read a review where someone hired a tour guide that went in with them to the Parthenon. This tour guide also arranged for transportation from the port and I think the day included time for the Plaka and the museum. If you know of a tour that does this, can you let me know the company? I can't seem to locate the review.

Thanks.

I used a company called "Athen Walks". They had a driver/Mercedes meet us at the port and take us to meet the guide at the Parthenon entrance. The guide went through the site with us and then took us to the Agora. We went through the Plaka to the Acropolis museum. We then paid the guide and did the museum on our own. The guide had given us directions to meet the driver for our trip back to the port where we paid the driver for both trips. It was $50eu for the transfer and $35 eu per person for the tour. There were 4 of us. $190eu for a 4 hour guided tour, 3 hours free time and transportation to and from port. For DW it would of been just a "pile of rocks" without the guide's commentary.

I used a company called "Athen Walks". They had a driver/Mercedes meet us at the port and take us to meet the guide at the Parthenon entrance. The guide went through the site with us and then took us to the Agora. We went through the Plaka to the Acropolis museum. We then paid the guide and did the museum on our own. The guide had given us directions to meet the driver for our trip back to the port where we paid the driver for both trips. It was $50eu for the transfer and $35 eu per person for the tour. There were 4 of us. $190eu for a 4 hour guided tour, 3 hours free time and transportation to and from port. For DW it would of been just a "pile of rocks" without the guide's commentary.

I was reminded by DW that it was $190eu for the tour and $50eu for the transportation. It was cheaper than the ship excursion. The guide bought us water and wouldn't accept a tip.

I've recently read a review where someone hired a tour guide that went in with them to the Parthenon. This tour guide also arranged for transportation from the port and I think the day included time for the Plaka and the museum. If you know of a tour that does this, can you let me know the company? I can't seem to locate the review.

Thanks.

We used PK Tours and were very happy. They were extremely cheap and have a very good reputation and come highly recommended by others on this board. At first we only wanted a private taxi to the Acropolis, but so many in my group wanted to go that we ended up in a shuttle van all to ourselves and with that we got a guide, for no extra cost [emoji44] the inn of All is we beat all the cruise ship crowds by 90 minutes and by then cruise ship busses were waiting at the bottom of the street until people cleared out up top ... chaos.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

We just used Athens Taxi Services. They were wonderful. Hermes, our driver took us (a party of 4)from the port to The Temple of Poseidon and then up the tallest hill in Athens. He was wonderful, spoke excellent English and was very knowledgeable.

We ended up booking a private tour with Athens Walks. Great reviews. PK was about the same cost but it was for a semi-private tour. Since my son has hearing issues, a private tour works out better for us.

Thanks for the suggestions!