Vista Suites on O-ships, good or bad?

golfguyhhi

No.

If noise is an issue, go for Deck 12.

We were in the 11083 cabin on the Riviera for 3 x b2b's last year. Although we were could hear the ship docking and/or dropping anchor - it was brief and not what I would describe as disturbing.

What was frustrating, was the sporadic scrapping of furniture that I'd occasionally hear from the deck above - usually first thing in the morning. The scrapping sounded a bit like nails on a blackboard and was a nuisance because it was irregular. As soon as you thought it had stopped, it would restart again.

That being said - my wife's sleep was never disturbed by any noise, and I'd have no hesitation in booking the room again. The marvellous view from the back outweighs the negative.

We were in the 11083 cabin on the Riviera for 3 x b2b's last year. Although we were could hear the ship docking and/or dropping anchor - it was brief and not what I would describe as disturbing.

What was frustrating, was the sporadic scrapping of furniture that I'd occasionally hear from the deck above - usually first thing in the morning. The scrapping sounded a bit like nails on a blackboard and was a nuisance because it was irregular. As soon as you thought it had stopped, it would restart again.

That being said - my wife's sleep was never disturbed by any noise, and I'd have no hesitation in booking the room again. The marvellous view from the back outweighs the negative.

11083 is NOT a Vista Suite, so your answer is not responding to the posted thread.

Yes, 11080 and 11083 are the aft Oceania Suites on Marina and Riviera. While I spoke about noise and vibrations when leaving port, it must not have upset us too much. We're booked on 11083 next November on Marina and in 11080 in May 2018 on Riviera ... I just love the veranda on the aft OCs. For us, it's worth losing space in the room itself.

Mura

<p>

11083 is NOT a Vista Suite, so your answer is not responding to the posted thread.

My apologies. I was under the mistaken beleive that I was elaborating on the responses in threads #22 & #23

However, I love the irony. No doubt others will make their own judgement about whether your constructive response has provided any useful insights.

:D

Yes, 11080 and 11083 are the aft Oceania Suites on Marina and Riviera. While I spoke about noise and vibrations when leaving port, it must not have upset us too much. We're booked on 11083 next November on Marina and in 11080 in May 2018 on Riviera ... I just love the veranda on the aft OCs. For us, it's worth losing space in the room itself.

Mura

How much space do you loose in the room itself? We are booked in an OC in Dec and want to know if we should look to change it. Thanks.

The main difference with the size of the Deck 11 OCs is that the second bathroom is a half bath. In the Deck 12 OCs the second bathroom has a shower -- but it is much smaller than the main bathroom which is huge. We don't mind the lack of a shower in the guest bathroom but others may. Since we've booked these two Deck 11 OCs for our next two cruises, we like the room. The living room, bedroom, closet, main bath, etc., seemed to us to be the same as the Deck 11 rooms. You will have plenty of interior space and a larger veranda if you stick with 11080.

Mura

The main difference with the size of the Deck 11 OCs is that the second bathroom is a half bath. In the Deck 12 OCs the second bathroom has a shower -- but it is much smaller than the main bathroom which is huge. We don't mind the lack of a shower in the guest bathroom but others may. Since we've booked these two Deck 11 OCs for our next two cruises, we like the room. The living room, bedroom, closet, main bath, etc., seemed to us to be the same as the Deck 11 rooms. You will have plenty of interior space and a larger veranda if you stick with 11080.

Mura

Thanks much for the info. At the moment both of them are booked for our crossing but we have a deck 12 OC and that should be fine especially that we will be at sea for 5 days. If a rear OC comes available we will sure think about it. Again, your answer is giving us a lot of help and something to think about.

Baand and Mura,

Thanks for your helpful responses. We loved the balcony in 6088 on Regatta (called an Owner's Suite on Regatta, but the same as an Oceania on the O-ships), and spent almost the entire Panama Canal transit on it with our butler bringing both breakfast and lunch so we could eat outside. It looks to me that 11080 should provide the same balcony experience.

We looked at OSs on 12 but didn't like the looks of the balcony. Plus we've read reviews that you feel more of the 'motion of the ocean' when the sea is up.

So, we are really looking forward to 11080 on the TA this year and pleased to hear that the arriving in and departing from port noises wouldn't keep you from booking there again.

We've also booked an Owner's Cabin on Riviera in January and really looking forward to that experience. We're trying to consider it solely as a 'bucket-list' item and not get addicted. Was really hoping to get more positive responses about a Vista so we'd be able to do one and cross that of the list, too. But all the negative comments make me think we'll have to skip it and never know what it would be like to sail in all 3 of the top cabins.

Again, thanks for your help.