Port fees and taxes on Seaside

trvlgirlmq

I was doing some mock bookings and noticed that on the 7 day E/W Caribbean sailings the GFT was about $120 per person. When I do the booking as a combined 14 night sailing the GFT is $43 per person. What's the catch? Is this a horrible mistake and I'll get hit with a big fee later? Is there something about booking a back to back in one booking that reduces all the fees?

Any insight is greatly appreciated as we may jump from our Carnival sailing for 2018.

On an unrelated note, I have done status match for myself and my mom but not the kids. I'm not sure how to show their status because they don't have a log in to Carnival so I don't have any picture proof as I did with mine. How do I prove their current status? Thanks.

It definitely looks like a mistake. I saw this happened to a family on a NCL cruise when they were significantly under charged, then later NCL tried to sneak it in at final payment. The family fought it and forced NCL to change it back to what they had booked. I have seen minor changes from early bookings to later bookings of the same cruise based on occupancy, but I think they aren't allowed to change someone's taxes/fees once the booking is made.