Some general Vista questions

Sizzlechest

1. How much is the I-Max?
  2. How much is the Thrill Theater?
  3. I saw there was a 15% discount on liquor the first night from someone's review. Does that mean you should make your duty free purchases on the first night? If you change your mind on your purchases, can you cancel them later in the trip?
  4. Is the ice cream from "Cherry on Top" significantly better than the ice cream at the buffet and MDRs?
  5. Anyone use hub chat? Any pics?

3. I saw there was a 15% discount on liquor the first night from someone's review. Does that mean you should make your duty free purchases on the first night? If you change your mind on your purchases, can you cancel them later in the trip?
  4. Is the ice cream from "Cherry on Top" significantly better than the ice cream at the buffet and MDRs?

I can answer #4 for you. If you've ever been to a Cold Stone Creamery (or similar), the ice cream at Cherry on Top is similar to that. The ice cream in the machines on the Lido deck is soft serve, somewhat similar to, but not quite as good as Dairy Queen. The ice cream at the Sweet Spot in the buffet area is actually gelato (Italian ice cream), and there are two flavors to choose from, but not the same two flavors each day. The ice cream in the MDR is like what you would buy at your grocery store, and the choices are usually vanilla, chocolate, strawberry and butter pecan. Also, if you like, you can order a banana split in the MDR.

I can answer #4 for you. If you've ever been to a Cold Stone Creamery (or similar), the ice cream at Cherry on Top is similar to that. The ice cream in the machines on the Lido deck is soft serve, somewhat similar to, but not quite as good as Dairy Queen. The ice cream at the Sweet Spot in the buffet area is actually gelato (Italian ice cream), and there are two flavors to choose from, but not the same two flavors each day. The ice cream in the MDR is like what you would buy at your grocery store, and the choices are usually vanilla, chocolate, strawberry and butter pecan. Also, if you like, you can order a banana split in the MDR.

Thank you! I'm surprised they only offer two different flavors of hard ice cream a day. (Must be a very small "spot.") I assume there's no charge for the ice cream at the Sweet Spot, right?

The Thrill Theater was either $6 or $6.95 per person and the movies were usually between 30-45 minutes long. I did not go in it.

The Hub chat was pretty unreliable overall but when it worked, about half the time, it worked well. Guest services refunded us on the last day due to the issues.

Thank you! I'm surprised they only offer two different flavors of hard ice cream a day. (Must be a very small "spot.") I assume there's no charge for the ice cream at the Sweet Spot, right?

Right. No charge for the ice cream at the Sweet Spot. It's a small section. There are only two machines for making the gelato. It's not hard ice cream. I don't know if you've ever had gelato, but it's consistency isn't like your standard grocery store ice cream. Like I said, there are two different flavors each day. My two favorites were the coconut and the cinnamon. Stop by and give it a try.

I was on the Vista April 16 -22:

1. IMAX was $12.95

2. Thrill Theater was $5.95

3. I think the 15% off on the first night was just for select liquors.

4. Cherry on Top was more like Coldstone

5. We used the Hub chat. It would drop off at times and show that it was not connected. You just had to click on the error and it would reconnect.

Cherry on top does have a charge for the ice cream. The sweet spot is located on the lido at the buffet. They churn 2 different types each day for the lunch hour. The ice cream machines are also on the lido deck. No charge for ice cream at the lido buffet and machines.