Breakaway Slides and Zip

olechka

Hello everyone, looking into Bermuda cruise on Breakaway

How strict are they on height requirement? My DD is 47" not 48"

Are the lines for slides absolutely crazy that's not worth it? Going after school ends so there will be lots of kids

Slides and zip line is the main reason I'm considering Breakaway as Dawn is much cheaper so any input is appreciated

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I'm not sure I would say they are "strict" by doing their job to protect your daughter who, by your own admission, doesn't meet the requirements..... would you say the bartender is being "strict" because they won't serve alcohol to someone who was 20 yrs and 10 months old??

Why would you knowingly risk someone's job if you already know she isn't tall enough? God forbid something crazy happens and she gets hurt.... even if not height related..... and they find out she's under height.....

Just my opinion that this is a bad lesson that "rules don't apply to us" that you're teaching to your DD.

My soap box session is over

It depends on the staff member, some measure everyone and others do not. However, the drop slides do also have a weight requirement. Last summer I saw many children turned away for not being heavy enough for the drop slide. My daughter is pretty sure the minimum weight requirement was 60 pounds for those two slides. If your child is expecting to be able to go on everything, I would not book the cruise this year. Personally I would wait until she was the correct height to avoid any disappointment.

Zip line was closed our entire cruise last year. No reason given to us. If they do let her on the ropes course she will have trouble in some areas. My daughter was 11 and 56 inches and struggled in some areas where you have to reach up high on your lead rope.

It depends on the staff member, some measure everyone and others do not. However, the drop slides do also have a weight requirement. Last summer I saw many children turned away for not being heavy enough for the drop slide. My daughter is pretty sure the minimum weight requirement was 60 pounds for those two slides. If your child is expecting to be able to go on everything, I would not book the cruise this year. Personally I would wait until she was the correct height to avoid any disappointment.

On BA and GA the drop slide minimum weight is 99#.

Paint the bottoms of her feet with latex. You need many layers to built up one inch. Make sure the latex is tinted to her skin tone.

Tell the slide attendants they are calluses from long distance barefoot running.

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]