Wonderful Copenhagen 2017 edition.

Thanks so much for the posted information ! I will be staying in Christianshavn while in Copenhagen. I will get the metro from Christianshavn St Metro to Norreport St. Metro and catch the Bus 25 to the Oceankaj Cruise Terminal 1. I looked up your map (very good and thanks so much!). I have problem finding out how much is the fares (in Danish Krone) ? Can one ticket (how many zones?) cover the whole journey ? Or Bus ticket is paid separately on the bus ? Help !

Danish Viking- we are in a situation where our luggage has been lost between the U.K. And Dublin and we have just a very short period of time to collect some essentials before going on our cruise. We arrive in CPH tomorrow around 3pm and will quickly need to find somewhere to go shopping. We are staying near the central train station and will be looking for lightweight jackets, shoes and long sleeve shirts (we found pants today in Ireland but ran out of time before the stores clothes). Can you make a recommendation of a shopping area/mall and provide some instructions on how to get there. Much appreciated!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi

I stay at Cabinn Scandinavian hotel. What is the best way to get to the Oceankay port for Regal Princess on Jun13 by public transportation.

Thanks

According to journeyplanner.dk the quickest route is to take the metro from Forum to Nørreport and then change to bus 25 there.

Use the journeyplanner to see what departures that suites you the best.

Just type in Cabinn Scandinavia and Oceankaj and the correct date and time and it will show you the route.

Danish Viking- we are in a situation where our luggage has been lost between the U.K. And Dublin and we have just a very short period of time to collect some essentials before going on our cruise. We arrive in CPH tomorrow around 3pm and will quickly need to find somewhere to go shopping. We are staying near the central train station and will be looking for lightweight jackets, shoes and long sleeve shirts (we found pants today in Ireland but ran out of time before the stores clothes). Can you make a recommendation of a shopping area/mall and provide some instructions on how to get there. Much appreciated!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes go to the central station and catch any S-train from track 11-12 and get off the next station called Dybbølsbro.

Across the bridge you will find the Fisketorvet shopping mall.

Hi

How far did you have to walk from the bus stop to the terminal

.i will be on Regal on June13 th

Thanks

I have already posted this, and then realised it was the 2016 site!

Thank you to Danish Viking for all his very useful posts and replies. We are sat in Oceankaj, Copenhagen and have just checked in to start our Baltic cruise on Regal Princess. We used all of the instructions to get a bus from our hotel, changing in Norreport to bus 25. All went smoothly for us but three american ladies got on afterwards, two sat across from me, their third friend who got on last sat behind, and suddenly shouted "my purse is gone". The long and short of it is that she was a very small lady with a big case, someone had helped her put her bag on the bus, and as she knew she had her purse from the point she got on the bus it was it seems taken then.

I helped her to speak to the bus driver, to check if there is CCTV on board, there is at the door, but the driver said the police never follow up on that, and that the same thing, of people getting things stolen as they get on the bus, in his words "it happens thousands of times a day".

We all know we need to be careful with our things, but I am just writing this as Copenhagen is probably considered a relatively safe European city. We need to be careful as there are problems in all cities!

The bus was great, but be careful as always when getting onto a busy bus when you have a lot of things to watch out for!

I know there is a shop at at airport selling suitcases but else the before mentioned mall will be a good guess.

Else there should be a JYSK store very near to your hotel on Vesterbrogade that right now has a limited amount of suitcases on offer for a very cheap price.

I know we got alot on stock at the one I work at. :)

Hi,

How far is the bus stop 27/25 to Ocean quay terminal C 311? Also do you know how busy the bus 25/27 from the port. Because the bus just run every 40 min. Will be easy to take the bus or will be long wait on the disembarked day.

Thanks.

It should be easy.

But you can cut the walking by changing to a northbound S-train from track 9-10 to the next stop at Vesterport, here its a very short walk to the hotel.

Thanks for this. Will the tickets we purchas at CPH allow for transferring to the S train or will we have to buy them at Central Station?

Over at the NCL forum there is a thread on the holding of passports by the cruise ship, but also by the hotel that you might stay in.

Does this this happen in Denmark? Will my hotel ask me to surrender my passport until I check out?

I have only heard about that at greek and spanish hotels, I think that the thing to do was to have a photo copy of your passport instead.

But I have never heard about in in Denmark and I have stayed at Cabinn, Sinatur, Best Western and Scandic hotels around the country.

Also in Sweden, Germany and England it had not been the case.

Edited by Danish viking
Autocorrect failure

Hi,

How far is the bus stop 27/25 to Ocean quay terminal C 311? Also do you know how busy the bus 25/27 from the port. Because the bus just run every 40 min. Will be easy to take the bus or will be long wait on the disembarked day.

Thanks.

C331 Is terminal 1 and that one is located just next to the bus stop, I would say 50 meters.

It's only bus 25 thats runs with up to 40 minute intervals.

Bus 27 runs more often, up to one bus each 15th minute.

But journeyplanner.dk will show you the correct timetable.

I have only heard about that at greek and spanish hotels, I think that the thing to do was to have a photo copy of your passport instead.

But I have never heard about in in Denmark and I have stayed at Cabinn, Sinatur, Best Western and Scandic hotels around the country.

Also in Sweden, Germany and England it had not been the case.

Thank you.

I suggested the idea of a photo copy and asked which countries might require said holding of passports. In that other forum these statements were taken as being aggressive/argumentative.

For you as an EU citizen the Schengen Agreement should eliminate any such actions in EU countries. I have searched for information as to which countries might do this and the most I have found is laws that require hotels to keep records of who is staying at their properties. For this I would like to believe that a photo copy would suffice.

In the case of cruise ships the best "answer" I got was "because they can do it or they tell you to get off their ship if you do not like it". The best practical example was custom inspections on a port heavy cruise. One commentator said that when he got his passport back at the end of the cruise it was stamped by customs for the various countries they had visited. As a practical time sensitive matter I can understand how holding all the passports for custom official to review facilitates de-boarding at the port.

As to the Schengen Agreement, I have read that as of now Americans do not need a visa to enter the EU. However since the USA does not allow all members of the agreement visa free access to the USA, the EU is close to making US citizens apply for EU visas. Some how I think the last 7-10 days of political comments and actions by America makes this more likely.

Pre and post cruise I we are spending the night in Copenhagen. We are planing on taking taxis to and from the hotel to the airport. Can we wait till we get there and use and app to book the cab? Or is that something we need to do well in advance?

Thanks!

Hi Danish Viking,

Just returned from Copenhagen all you advice was very useful and I had a wonderful time visiting.

I would also like to say that at both the Airport and Central train station they had helpful guides from Visit Copenhagen ( I think!) helping people getting tickets etc.

If you can manage your own luggage public transport in Copenhagen is quick, efficient and well priced.

If you can manage your own luggage public transport in Copenhagen is quick, efficient and well priced.

That's what we found as well when we visited Copenhagen. We traveled from the airport to the city, from the city to Oceankaj and from Oceankaj to the airport--all by public transport. It was easy and so much cheaper than taxis.

Hello Danish Viking,

thanks for all your helpful information. We are planning to bike from the Scandic to Nyhavn. Is there somewhere we can safely leave the bicycles so we can walk around freely or is that not a good idea? We don't want to push the bikes around while in the area, hoping to go into shops and restaurants.

Also, we will be taking the train to Sweeden to visit family. Will we be able to pay for our train tickets with a credit card, our preferred credit card would be discover.

Is Discover accepted easily?

Thanks! Diana